Thursday 12 February 2015

TWO DAYS TO VALENTINE!!!!!

The TWO of them sit in the car in SILENCE!!

UGO'S eyes are fixed on the road.Though he seems in deep thought,as if he were carrying a great burden.

STEPHANIE'S eyes are also fixed on the road but it seems like her mind is contemplating a very violent murder in the not so distant future.

MORE SILENCE


STEPHANIE
how long should I be understanding,Ugo?

UGO shifts uncomfortably in his seat but says nothing.

STEPHANIE
(sighs heavily)
I have been understanding for 8months.why?
because my boyfriend doesn't have a job and is broke.


The Bored and tired look on Ugo's face tells us he has
heard this at least a million times before.

STEPHANIE
(ticking fingers)
I cook for you,
I fuel your car,
(raises voice)
On my birthday,I bought myself a phone
AND LIED TO MY FRIENDS THAT IT CAME FROM YOU!!!




UGO
(rolls eyes)
Please stop bringing that up...
nobody asked you to lie


STEPHANIE
AH!!!!
(claps twice)
can you imagine the nonsense???
mtcheew!!
I was even protecting you in the
eyes of my friends and you're saying
(mimics him)
"nobody asked you to lie"
I don suffer!!!!


UGO
(Exasperated)
You can say anything you like,
the fact of the matter is I can't
do anything for you this valentine
(pauses)
I'm so.....



STEPHANIE
(Interrupts)
...that is why I'm asking
(pauses)
how long must I continue to be understanding?
(raises hands)
Father Lord! when dis drought go end?
when will I stop hearing "I'm broke" from my man?


UGO
stop being dramatic abeg
(scoffs)
My dear we've only been dating for 8 months
.....after all your mum and dad....


STEPHANIE
(interrupts)
....Please don't talk about my parents
(glares at him)
because I told you
my mum suffered with my dad for 3years before he made
money.
SO I SHOULD SUFFER LIKE MY MOTHER BEFORE I ENJOY ABI?
(snaps fingers)
God-forbid!!!!!


UGO is silent.

STEPHANIE
So the day after tomorrow, whats going to happen..eh?
(scoffs)
I will come over...WITH MY MONEY
I will buy you a gift...WITH MY MONEY!!
I will take you out.....WITH MY MONEY!!
(laughs)
After all this, we go NACK,
and you'll hold me and say...."e go betta"
Mtcheew!!!
I will now go home...WITH MY MONEY abi???


UGO
(throws hands up)
what else is going to happen?


STEPHANIE
(shocked)
oh!So that's actually your plan?
Drain my pocket and Nack me silly????

UGO
listen.....


But before he can finish the sentence, the car starts making strange sounds.The vehicle trembles VIOLENTLY as a loud rattling sound emanates from the engine.Then finally,the ENGINE DIES!



UGO frantically tries the ignition......no luck

He tries again......nothing.


In a gesture of frustration, he SLAMS his fist against the Steering wheel.

LONG SILENCE.


STEPHANIE
(shakes head)
See  what I mean?
everything with you is a struggle.
(long pause)
I really can't do this anymore,Ugo
(sighs)
God know say I don try
If I Continue, I will cheat on you


UGO
(shocked)
where's all this coming from?
Are you breaking up with me two days to Valentine
because I don't have money??

STEPHANIE
(calmly)
NO!
I'm breaking up with you Two days to Valentine because,
.....I don't want to cheat on you.

UGO
(confused)
what are you talking about.......?

STEPHANIE
(long pause)
I'm seeing someone else
.........and em.....its getting serious!!!


UGO traumatized

STEPHANIE
I really thought you'd be on your feet(financially)by now,
(picks her bag)
but how long must I wait, another 8 months?

UGO
.....have ....you been cheating on me?

There's a very long silence in the car. The kind of silence that
answers his question.


STEPHANIE
(hesitates)
I really thought things would change
.......all this time I thought by now I would
be in a REAL relationship.
......besides HE has money
and he can take care of me
That's what all women want.

UGO
(in a small voice)
so money makes it REAL..abi?
is that how you see it?
(long silence)
have you cheated on me?
yes or no?


STEPHANIE'S eyes say it all.



STEPHANIE exits the vehicle,

UGO
......Bae! wait!


SHE RUNS across the road,
 FLAGS down a cab, and leaves BEHIND

the Traumatized UGO with his broken down car in the center of the road.




SHE STILL ISN'T TAKING HIS CALLS.whose fault do you think this breakup was?



LIFE IS A CHOICE MY FRIEND
SO CHOOSE WISELY
ENOUGH SAID





20 comments:

  1. I found your blog through a comment on another blog last night and I'm hooked...I love it! Please don't stop writing.
    About the breakup and whose fault it was, it was Life's fault. Yeah, because life can be fucked up like that. Stephanie was still questioning and complaining about Ugo's 'struggle' state, and next thing his engine packs up. Then thinking about what gift she'll buy herself to show off to her friends, claiming it's from Ugo, she would have been too frustrated. Yeah, life can just be very useless sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. d lady is too materialistic..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't ever say that! She should continue suffering cos she isn't materialistic right? Then the guy is a gold digger for spending her money!

      Delete
  3. I'v bin opening dis blog repeatedly waiting for new stories..u better don't stop writing oh!!! Cos some of us are hooked! As for d story, I think they have shared responsibility for the breakup cos the guy has been relaxed knowing dat stephanie would spend her money, stephanie on d other hand has enabled him thus far forgetting dat financial security is her main goal in any relationship

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my fault oooo, Stephanie was coming to see me, so I spoil her silly, but her phone---my money, buy her car---my money, buy her dream house ---my money...lol

    *ticktock

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anwuli I disagree with you. She is too materialistic u say? well I r entitled to ur opinion. My opinion is dat she tried joor. its not easy carrying a man like dat. Its not easy at all. There is no girl dat does not want to b comfy. She didnt pretend atlst. E no get who good thing no dey sweet. Wen ur man gives u gifts no matter how lil it spices up d rshp. She fuels his car, etc Nah! Its not ha fault she left mehn. It shud not b onesided esp wen its d girl dat brings. its worse actually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anwuli I disagree with you. She is too materialistic u say? well u re entitled to ur opinion. My opinion is dat she tried joor. its not easy carrying a man like dat. Its not easy at all. There is no girl dat does not want to b comfy. She didnt pretend atlst. E no get who good thing no dey sweet. Wen ur man gives u gifts no matter how lil it spices up d rshp. She fuels his car, etc Nah! Its not ha fault she left mehn. It shud not b onesided esp wen its d girl dat brings. its worse actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Ibik. no girl wnts dat. its a diff tin, if he is tryin to play his prt, not wit dis typ of laxity in his voice. capital NO

      Delete
  7. Well this one isn't rocket science, Ugo's fault.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @StacyGee, Opus TJK has no option than to keep writing, if he does stop, we would find him, run him over the cliff with his own car or peg him with his fingers and he gets to watch us"commentators" dance makarina very very slowly..*shewinks

    *ticktock

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugo's fault stephine has played her part

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stumbled upon this blog yesterday and I'm in love already. As for whose fault the break up is, I blame Ugo!! He apparently took Stephanie and her efforts too lightly until she was about to leave. She tried na. 8 full months of feeding and funding a broke man who isn't appreciative is certainly not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She just shouldnt hv cheated on him or at least, nt hv told him b4 breakin up with him. Its always better to hv ur partner leave u sooner rather than later.Cos if its nt d rltnshp dat will go further, it wont regardless of hw things r btwn u both. Plus, d guy has bn jobless for all d 8 mnths of their rltnshp. Why did she agree to start it in d first place?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kai foxyflyfil, amazing my comment is coming right after yours coz i couldn't agree more. If he's been jobless since they started dating, why did she bother at all? She ought to have thought about it carefully coz most times these thing take as long as they take to get okay.
    I don't think she's materialistic though,i think she hoped and had expectations and when things did not seem to go as she had hoped soon enough, she got frustrated. Not everyone has staying power.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Broke niggas are always loyal. Wait until they hammer.. its all Ugo's fault.
    Dating a broke guy is exhausting...am talking from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janet ur comment got me rotfl

    ReplyDelete
  15. A broke man has no business with love

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some guys won't seize to amaze me, u re just comfortable spending a gals money n taking d glory. Dts so stupid, n if d gal didint do anytin abt it, d guy wouldn't border getting a job. Some men needs pushing b4 de do sometin.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is the guy
    Haba
    The girl have tried na
    The guy is lazy
    Depending on the lady for everything

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...