Sunday 8 February 2015

MARRIAGES FROM HELL!!!!


Here's the Scenario.


INTERIOR. LAWYER'S OFFICE.DAY TIME

An attractive woman in her early thirties,enters the office and sits across from the LAWYER.
The woman's name is SARAH

The LAWYER in his mid thirties has a blank and slightly unreadable expression
on his face.


THE TWO SIT IN SILENCE.


LAWYER
(clears throat)
So what's the  problem?

SARAH has a sad and somewhat distant
expression on her face as if she were carrying
a very HEAVY BURDEN.


SARAH
I....really don't know where to begin.

LAWYER
(thoughtful)
Hmmmm! okay.
How can I help you??

ANOTHER LONG SILENCE IN THE OFFICE

SARAH
I got your address from EBERE
(shifts in sit)
She said you were very helpful ..
and supportive.

LAWYER
(pauses)
EBERE.......???

SARAH
The former Mrs Johnson..
.....she said you helped with her divorce case....???


LAWYER
Oh!....yes I remember ,
...EBERE.
(smiles)
How is she??
It's been a while.

SARAH
(nods)
She's fine... Doing very well,
..new job and all.
She sends her regards.

PAUSE

LAWYER
Okay....so...do you have a similar problem????

SARAH
(sighs)
My husband and I have been married for about 4 years now.

LAWYER leans back into his seat to listen.

SARAH
(hesitates)
In that time...he has
Broken my nose, two of my ribs,
Fractured my cheekbone........ and given
Me a concussion.....twice!

SILENCE...as the LAWYER regards her.He's clearly having difficulty
processing the DATA she has just fed him.

LAWYER
.....How long has this been going on???

In SARAH'S EYES, We can see a lot of Pain and Sorrow.
But she manages to hold herself together.

SARAH
I knew my husband had a temper
before I married him
(pauses)
But  I guess  I married him for the wrong reasons.
.....love wasn't one of them

The LAWYER regards her in silence

SARAH
....I wasn't getting any younger,
and my family was putting pressure on me to settle down.
(pauses)
Then came this handsome successful "OIL BOY"from nowhere,
with all the right credentials...professing MAD love for me.
(shrugs)
Who was I to say NO??... I was desperate.


LAWYER glances at his watch.
.....2:37PM

SARAH
....I'm sorry if I'm taking up your time,
..I just need someone to talk to.


LAWYER
(gestures with hands)
No..no no, its fine
(sits up)
Please... continue

SARAH
.....We dated for less than three Months,
then....BOOM!
(throws hands in the air)
We were engaged.....Just like that.

LAWYER
Three Months??

SARAH
(nods)
Yes, three months!!!
....My friends and family said
it was no big deal
(scoffs)
'People get engaged after three weeks,'
My mother told me.
......I was such a fool.

Through the LAWYER'S EYES we see a LARGE SCAR on the
back  of SARAH'S LEFT HAND.....
....are those....TEETH-MARKS???
...we can't really say for sure.

SARAH
.....despite all his generosity
to me and my family,
.....I knew there was something dark about him
(sighs)
So in 8 months, we were married.

LAWYER
Was that when the beatings started???

SARAH
(with sadness)
No....he'd been slapping me around before that.

LAWYER
Does anyone in your family know?

SARAH
(nods)
.......my mum,
when I told her, she said;
'You are too picky when it comes to men,
this could be your last chance to get married,.
.....don't blow it'.
(pauses)
To be honest, I believed her.
 I just felt things would change
......They didn't.

SARAH stands up and begins to unbutton the front of her blouse

LAWYER
(shocked)
Madam!!!!
Please,....stop!!!
WHAT ARE YOU DOING????

SARAH ignores him AND OPENS UP the front of her Top.
..................There  are at least TEN DARK-RED  wounds on her chest.

SARAH
(sobs)
.....These are cigarette burns....
.....for every time I talked back to him.

THE LAWYER is speechless!

SARAH
(sobs)
My family says its my fault,
.....that I'm not submissive enough,
(sobs)
....I went to the police and they concluded;
' Husband &Wife Matter'
(closes blouse)
I sort help from my church,
.....all the pastor did was pray for me.
(scoffs)
'For better or Worse', he said.

SARAH sits down as tears flowed down her face.

SARAH
(sobs)
Barrister, I know it's my fault
.......I brought this on myself,
for marrying for the wrong reasons
(long pause)
can't  I be helped???
.....how long must I pay for that mistake???


SARAH has filed for Divorce.....This Matter, is currently in Court.



I've heard people get married for a lot of reasons;

*I'm not getting any younger
*My parents are putting pressure on me
*She's pregnant....it's the right thing to do
*We're from the same place.


(AND  my personal favorite)
*because my Pastor says we are meant to be.

Like  I always say, I'm no expert,but I think if you're going to spend THE REST OF YOUR NATURAL LIFE with someone, a lot more has to be taken into consideration.

Here's another scenario,

My neighbor got married Five years ago to a WOMAN he'd impregnated.
His Reason for marrying her was obvious,...the pregnancy.

Fast forward  five years later, and he's living in hell.
The WOMAN has a very violent temper and places very unrealistic financial demands on this Young Real Estate Agent.
She wants him to buy her  A JEEP(because his mates are driving JEEPS)
She wants him to open a boutique for her(he actually opened a small supermarket for her and she ran the business to the ground by literally "eating-up" all the provisions in the store).

Several times, she's  PHYSICALLY ATTACKED him in public(in broad day light) simply because she'd seen another young Lady go by in a Luxury car.
Her reasons for ASSAULTING HER HUSBAND??
"All these girls driving all these fine cars, isn't it a Man that bought it for them???
WHY MUST MY  OWN STORY BE DIFFERENT???"

This young man has been stabbed, slapped around and had his thumb nearly Bitten off by this WOMAN.

''I wish I'd never married this woman" he told me one day.
"I got married for all the wrong reasons".

There  are many people( some you might know) that are in HELLISH marriages today.
Sad fact,but true.
Perhaps people should examine their motives/reasons THOROUGHLY before entering marriage.
.....I'm just saying.....

In my humble Opinion,
Marriage should be about Compatibility,Love.....and to a very Large extent, FRIENDSHIP.
but that's just me.......you don't have to take my word for it.

I tell it how I see it.


Life is  a choice My friend
So choose wisely
Enough said













22 comments:

  1. I dislike men dat hits women.I can Neva tolerate such and neither will I allow family or peer pressure force me into marriage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true.........parents and society plays a major role in pressurizing one to get married, but I'm not moved. I'm in a happy relationship and it's all to matters to me, he's my best friend, lover, confidant and he's crazy in love with me, we've been dating for 4 blissful years , when he's ready to take it to the next level I will sure say yes, but for now I LOVE MY HAPPY LIFE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4yrs is enough time to put a ring on that finger sis. Except he is a student or something, you do not need to have all the money in the world before you can have a fab wedding. Go to the registry, do an introduction cum engagement and you are good to go. Many men will keep a woman as a girlfriend for years, f@cking her morning, afternoon and night but when they are ready to settle down, they come up with all kinds of flimsy excuses in order to justify leaving the girl and look for one sweet 21yr old, probably a virgin. And what becomes of you?
      If you love him enough to marry him and considering all other important factors too, make him put a ring on it. If not, leave his sorry ass. Except you tell me you are still a virgin or the guy in question has never slept with you, you are simply wasting your time. My 2cents. I may be wrong though.

      Delete
    2. Are u a student? Just wondering cus only a student will be in "BLISS" over a 4 year relationship that isnt yielding anythg. Well except u are in your early twenties and u have all d time in d world to have fun. Be sure u are not a side chic though #shrugs

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Mostimes I get scared about Marriage..I just pray I don't make a mistake...

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these stories make marriage seem scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray nt 2 fall in2 wrong hands.... Buh rada dan live in hell all in d name of marriage I'd rada stay single 4 d rest of my life!! Dis lyf z jez 1 no photocopy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray nt 2 fall in2 wrong hands.... Buh rada dan live in hell all in d name of marriage I'd rada stay single 4 d rest of my life!! Dis lyf z jez 1 no photocopy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pray nt 2 fall in2 wrong hands.... Buh rada dan live in hell all in d name of marriage I'd rada stay single 4 d rest of my life!! Dis lyf z jez 1 no photocopy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nne this ur prayer point strong oo that u had To repeat it 3 times
      AMEN

      Delete
  8. marriage may seem lyk hell, but i knw my marriage wld be a shining example. d only third party wld b God. I believe Him for this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of marriages are nightmares and even relationships too. When it comes to physical abuse a line has to be drawn. Better to be a living 'Miss' than a Late 'Mrs'. I've never believed the saying 'Love is pain'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tamia" you make sense pieces, most people are suffering and smiling in marriage, I would rather be an awesome Miss than a dead Mrs.... I love my life... adopting a Korean baby on my mind... kikikikiki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously Uzu, Lol Maya, Korea is far. So many babies up for adoption from Baga.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank God she said she saw d signs but gave in to pressure. A man that will hit u in marriage will start giving u d signs during courtship so just watch out for his level of temper but then again, some men are so sweet during courtship just to get a woman! Its terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that she took the bold step anyway. Better late than never. Pack you bags and leave biko, marriage is not a do or die affair. If you have children, take care to bring them up to love and fear God. I always wonder at the kind of women that gave birth to woman beaters, wrestlers in woman form, rapists and so on. Mothers, train your children.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lord, I thank you for my marriage. Please, continue to bless my husband. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marriage is a journey... not just an event. People ought to always have this at the back of their minds when they choose to get married. Forget the colourful wedding ceremonies, marriage is beyond that and u go thru it all alone. No ... someone can not learn to be left-handed in old age (old habits die hard), so only accept to marry someone with flaws u can cope and live with. Change after marriage is an illusion that rarely ever happens. You only live once, so its better to make wise and profitable choice regarding all major decisions in life.

    Opus...... you have a fan. You are a skillful and loaded writer. I am impressed...waooooo. Keep up the good work plssssss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UnikCrown Says:
      there are any marriages made in hell. Many people have rushed into such unions because of society and pressure. Yet its the same society that judges them the hardest. Life is a choice as Opus will say, choose wisely in all issues of life. Kudos to you Opus. You are simply amazing.

      Delete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...