Wednesday 4 February 2015

Do men prefer bad girls?

"Men eh?"My female colleague said in disgust!
We were on our lunch break and ideally,I'm one of those people who enjoy their food in silence.
To me,chitchat or "small talk"during a meal,is just wrong.I mean,maybe I don't want To know whose free kick scored the winning goal in yesterdays Match, or who is likely to win the next election while I eat.
Maybe I would enjoy the meal better if you simply LET ME!!!
I knew this was going to be a lengthy chitchat.How did I know??
Well,when a woman begins with an opening like "...men eh?", you don't need a degree in Astro-physics to know that you're in for looooong Gist.
I silently rolled my eyes and said nothing hoping she'd lose her train of thought and allow me enjoy my Afang soup in peace.
"I mean,what exactly do men want ?"she asked slightly raising her voice.
Oh crap! I thought.In my book any decent plate of Afang-soup requires undivided attention.But that's just me.
I sighed,looked up from my meal and politely asked her;
"okay,...what happened?"
She sighed,still maintaining the expression of disgust.

Her name was Melody,she was a colleague from the office.She was in her early Thirties and Single.Now every office has that one person that's like "super-efficient" in a way that makes everybody else look bad.
I mean,she was so good at her job,it literally pissed people off.
She was the first at work every day.Personally I think you'd have to be half-Bat(or at least half-Owl) to be up so early everyday.
Anyway,she was a very hardworker and pretty good at her Job.This meant she didn't have alot
Of friends at work....except  yours truly ofc course.
This meant I was subjected to a lot of her "personal gist" whenever it was convenient for her.
Like that day.
Melody had barely touched her plate of rice.She seemed troubled.I felt sorry for her and decided to ask a question most men are wary to ask a woman for fear of long Gist!
"what's bothering you?"
She sighed again her look of disgust slowly becoming an expression of sadness
"I mean,.....I think I did everything right!" she began.Her voice was a little shakey,like she was about to cry,
"Two years of my life I gave him,two years,Do you know what that's like?Why do men throw away women who are good to them?"
The tears were forming in her eyes.Thankfully we were seated at the back of the canteen and there were just a handful of people around.
"I loved him,took his Bullsh#t,and still he left me...is it fair,Opus?"
I said nothing.
"I mean"she went on
"I cooked cleaned,never cheated,respected and adored him and he still left me someone else,...why?"
The tears were slowly streaming down now.
"She can't cook or clean"Melody said as she got out her hanky.
"she disrespects him in public,....cheats on him.AND THAT'S THE GIRL HE WANTS TO MARRY??"
I took a quick survey of the interior of the canteen.No one was paying attention.
"keep your voice down"I whispered.
She nodded as more tears came rushing down.
"why do you....(sob)men seem to always want what's not good ........(sob) for you??"
"That's not true"I said
"Yes, it is!"She said,sternly
"Most of the so-called "runs-chicks" in school are all married now."
She blew her nose into the hanky.
"And you know why that is?" she continued
"Because,when it comes down to it thats all men want....Ass,Boobs,short-skirts,fake lashes and hair."
Then she started crying into the hanky.I'd never seen her lIke that before.
She seemed so frail and helpless.
"He broke up with me...",she went on
"....after two years because 'there was no excitement',can you imagine that?after everything I put into that relationship?"
I was silent.
"And now..."she went on
"They're engaged.After Three months,they're engaged.He'd give a ring to a "Runs-chick"
after three months,then me......"
Melody never finished that statement,her own tears overwhelmed her.
I sat in silence listening to her Heaving and Sobbing into the hanky.
She cried like that uncontrollably for another ten minutes.
Then we left.

Do men actually go for women that are bad for them?
I don't want to think so. Have you been in Melody's situation?


Life is a choice my friends
So choose wisely
Enough said

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's the same reason why they say good girls prefer 'bad' boys. For eons the moth has always been drawn to the flame even though it always gets burned. Who knows? So it is, so it always will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You took the words out of my mouth.

      Delete
  3. Hmmmmmmm! Opus that question is heavy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoeva a man chooses to marry is his cup of tea. if d so called bad girls excite dem, gud for dem. women shld realise dt we dnt nid to try to convince a man to marry us. it shld b d oda way round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the same thing happened to me. but one month aftr dat, i met my husband. he proposed two months later on vals day, n we hv been married for eight yrs. i cnt imagine being married to anyone but my DH. so evrytin happens for a purpose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel bad already for the lady.
    #shit happens

    #first time commenting. Been secretly enjoying your write-ups n looking forward to new ones daily. I'm watching this space. Well done Opus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lmao @ your eating etiquette, you remind me of my sister.
    The lady is soo zealous about her work forgetting that man being who he is, ( a child) loves and craves attention. She should learn to balance both work and her man, she should add a little fun to life, she sounds like a strict boring person. Nobody likes a boring person. Let her loosen up a bit.
    *okbyee*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to dis everyday! I hate boring partners

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just learned abt this blog and i'm already an addict Mr Opus,Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't understand why a woman has to go doing house chores for a man you are not married to. Is that the new way of getting the ring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supernovress don't mind those telletubies, they would sweep the man's village and he would end up marrying the person who never pick a speck of dust from his head...*longhiss

      I can never be in melody's situation.....am no telletuby...
      Humming in Rkelly's voice " I was born in the streets, raised in the streets, buttered in the streets, am a bad girl, am changed dou...kikikikiki

      Delete
    2. Lol @ sweep d man's village #epic.
      ~Hunnu Bunny~

      Delete
  12. I think Melody lives by the book, If you do A, B and C, then the answer will be D. Life doesn't work that way tho

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel bad for her
    It is true ooo
    Most men like runs girls coz they can do crazy stunts in bed

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...