Wednesday 21 January 2015

WAHALA CHRONICLES;airport drama




Here's the scenario,

I woke up at about 5am that morning .My flight from Lagos to Port Harcourt was scheduled for 7:20am.

I knew there was a chance of meeting some form of inhumane traffic on lekki expressway.
I was coming from lekki1 by the way.

And As every Lagosian knows,finding "zero traffic"on Lekki  is as rare as finding sensible dialogue in an old Kunfu movie.

The Cab guy who drove me to the airport  was a smallish cross/bulgy-eyed-man named Kunle.

The guy seemed to have a deathwish.
I mean,he drove like he'd resolved a long time ago to die in a ghastly road accident on the expressway,whilst singing his favorite gospel tune.




He sped and weaved past cars at speeds I considered......unholy.All through singing "Jesus na you biko,Oga kpatta kpatta.....!"



He had all  the zeal and enthusiasm of an evangelist at a crusade.And trust me,the speed at which he was driving was enough to make anyone religious.

When we arrived  MM2,I was grateful to be Alive.



I could barely feel my legs and my heart was still racing.Somewhere during the trip,Kunle had switched to another song
 "...marsh-am, marsh-am.Satan don fall for gutter.Marsh-am,marsh-am....!!!"

I managed to step out of the vehicle,grabbed my bag from the trunk and made my way to Checkin.

At Checkin, the lady at the counter said a Suggestive "hello"  and smiled at me.



"Off to Port Harcourt?" she asked staring into her computer screen.
I wasn't in the mood to be pleasant or mildly flirtatious.

Infact,I was half-tempted to lean forward and say;
"No, I'm not.What you can CLEARLY see on my ticket is just an illusion.I am actually a Fu-Fu smuggler on my way to Gabon"

But she had a nice smile,so instead I said,
"Yes I am!"

I had a sore throat,and my voice sounded alien to me.
"Business or ........Pleasure?" she inquired   (she pronounced the last word slowly.)With a steady flirtatious gaze.
How's that for "Customer Service?" I thought

By her name tag she was a "TONIA", But her accent made her sound more like an "NKEM"(or at least an "NGOZI').

"Both" I said with a smile as she handed me my boarding pass.She
Let her gaze linger on me for a while then casually looked away.

After the boarding call I was scanned for Ebola,searched  for weapons and mildly fondled by an Airline security official with a name Tag that said "Tony".
To be honest I had a slightly disturbing feeling that "Tony" enjoyed "searching" me.Because the idiot just kept on smiling while he took his time Patting me down.

Anyway, I finally got to my seat inside the plane and settled in as other passengers boarded.I still hate flying by the way.
Usually,before a flight I run through as many divine protection prayer points as I can manage(helps keep me calm) and besides,the airline had at least one crash in its history).

I was halfway through "the lord is my Shepard" when,,,,
"Attention Please,"came the voice over the address system.
"Mr Krukrubo,please kindly report to the security Post"

I froze.

I didn't like the sound of my surname sharing the same sentence with "Security Post".

I got up and strolled down the Aisle.The two female  flight attendants at the door shot me a series of funny looks which I felt was just rude.
What the hell was going on?I thought.

I exited the plane to meet the pimple infested face of a stocky man wearing the colors of the airline.

Mr Pimples had the same funny look on his face when he saw me."Do you have any luggage?"he asked?trying to seem as polite as possible.

"Yes", I said cautiously .I still didn't know what this was all about.
Mr Pimples frowned at me.
"You're not supposed to be on this flight"he said.
I thought it was funny how the pimples on his face seemed to dance around  with each  expression change.

But even that spectacular Acne-Display didn't stop me from asking,
"What do you mean I'm not supposed to be on this flight?"
"Oga...," He Said,"
....we made a mistake,your flight is tommorrow, not today.The girl at the counter should've told you."

I just stood there.All this was Hebrew to me.

"What does that mean??" I demanded. The anger was rising inside me as we  walked  away from the plane towards the security post.

At the security post we met with a tall extremely dark skinned man.The Man's  Face reminded me of a whisker-less Cat-fish I'd seen once at a Point-and-kill joint in Port Harcourt.

Mr Cat-fish eyed Mr Pimples like he were some rare form of algae he'd just discovered.
"Where's his luggage?" Mr Cat-Fish demanded.
"Em....it's on its way,Sir " Mr Pimples fumbled.
Now they were talking about me as if I wasn't there
I'd had it at that point!

"Stop!!!" I ordered.The sore throat gave my voice a "boom" effect.Which I thought was cool(Very Mufasa-like)

They both stopped and stared at me.
"Are you people mad???"I spat.
"What exactly is going on and why am I not on my flight to Port Harcourt??"

Mr Cat-fish turned towards me and spoke


"Mr Krukrubo, there has been a mistake with your ticket.You won't fly today,we apologise for the inconvenience. As a securty precaution you will have to wait  here till the plane reaches Port harcourt"

Mr Cat-fish spoke to me like he were reading off a local display menu at a buka.
I knew I didn't like him.
"Because....,"Mr Cat-fish went on
".... You had boarded and de-boarded before take off,you're a security risk"he said casually.

I think my eyes nearly fell out of their sockets.

"Did you just call me a 'security risk'?" I couldn't believe my ears. In my opinion that term was usually reserved for terrorists...and generally "bad people" you hear about on the TV series 24.

In the background I could hear the plane taking off.

If the word "Furious" had a picture illustration in the dictionary,my face was it.




"So is it my fault that you people can't do your job or that your employees can't use a f@#king computer????"I was shouting now.



People nearby were throwing curious glances in our direction.
I didn't care.
I'd woken up early that morning,been driven to the airport by a suicidal-gospel-singing-madman,reached the air port(in record time I might add),checkedin,boarded the flight only to be told that I wasn't flying.Plus,I now had a new designation for 2015.... "security risk".
What rubbish????


Long story short.I had to fly with another airline that day(which cost Me extra).Besides,i didnt want to spend another night In Lagos.

If these airlines in Nigeria don't know what they're doing then they shouldn't be allowed to operate.
Next time you fly,please choose an airline with a good safety/competence record.

The only reason why I haven't mentioned the name of the airline is because the officials;Tonia,Mr Pimples,and Mr Catfish begged me not to,for fear of losing their Jobs.

They were just fortunate I wasn't late for an important engagement in Port Harcourt,and also that I could afford to buy another ticket.

If not eh.....???




Life is a choice my friend
So choose wisely
Enough said







         


                                                 Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
                                                              I'm just saying

44 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh my! ROTFL!!! You are too hilarious! Lol!!!

      Been trying to pronounce your surname. How do you pronounce that?

      Delete
  2. Really laughing @ going to sell fufu at gabon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahhhahaha
      That one got me laughing tooo
      Opus u r too good jare
      10 gbosa for u

      Delete
  3. Lol pele....see the way you christened them all with various names

    They made your day naw or how would you have narrated this to us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbefuckinglievable (pardon my french). They actually made you spend extra, what a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol french pardoned.
      Yep it was quite a bummer!!!

      Delete
  5. Lwkmh
    Can't stop laughing at the description of the air line staff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol.u got me in stitches.. sori OK.e-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a surprisingly serious crush on you mr! I cant explain it. First Time reader/commenter. ��

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am new here, i redirected from another blog and I find your stories interesting. Weldone bro.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your writing skills are amazing! To be honest, reading this, it almost feels like I was an eye witness. Your descriptive ability Kai!!! Haven't stopped looking forward to your posts since my first read. I'm definitely a huge fan. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You honour me,oh great CEO/FASHIONISTA.lol
      Thanks for your comments!

      Delete
  10. Kudos guy! I love the fact that you're very good with words and descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos guy! I love the fact that you're very good with words and descriptions.
    The cab man's "Death wish" got me though,I can relate

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice one bro keep it rolling

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lmao,u should av figured with the gospel boko haram taxi guy,not every1 that uses bomb should be tagged BH,that cab drive is sure one of them...btw,May Pimples nvr depart from Mr Pimples face and errrrm Mr Cat Fish,May p.soup sellers get hold of u pretty soon..Happy now?? Pele dear, New here and I must commend u
    BRAVO!


    'Tayo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lmao.You too get bad mouth. you just christened all the staffs with names
    Nice writeup
    P.s just wondering how you look. *tongue out*

    ReplyDelete
  15. So niceee. I luv ur stories. Found ur story blog via sdk blog & I hv read all d stories here in less js 2day. It rli made my day wit d lol. Gud job,u js got a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol,sorry dear but when "tony" was smiling nd patting u down,does that mean #thinking *runs away

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol,sorry dear but when "tony" was smiling nd patting u down,does that mean #thinking *runs away

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahhahahahahha. See the way you described them alll. Lol. First time here. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Your writing skills are amazing! To be honest, reading this, it almost feels like I was an eye witness. Your descriptive ability Kai!!! Haven't stopped looking forward to your posts since my first read. I'm definitely a huge fan. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. First read. First comment. Guess i'm now officially obsessed with your blog. Its almost 1.30am and i am laughing hysterically. I like. A lot. One question though. What does your name mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol.
      In kalabari "Opu" means "great" or "big"
      (depending on the translation)
      My name is actually "Opu" but I can't for the life of me remember where the "s"came from.
      Woke up one day and BAM!!!!I was OPUS

      Delete
    2. Lol! I know what you mean

      Delete
  21. You are a good writer you were able to dissect your narrative well.learning from you already.
    Bolateethole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. hmmmm. things we see in grt naija

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lmho @security risk.....epic! Heaven have mercy. Hate them or love them,you still have to patronize them.

    And that driver got me laughing also...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your stories but pls how do I subscribe to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your stories but pls how do I subscribe to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your stories but pls how do I subscribe to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to subscribe to this blog, view d blog tru web version. that option is at d end of d page. on web version, at d ryt hand of d page, u wld see where to subscribe, n where to receive notifications via emal.

      Delete
  27. OMG..... You're so gud with words.... Oh I already have a crush on u *In opus voice*..... Hey Blog....We're gonna be frnds for long...

    ReplyDelete
  28. OmG! I havnt stopped laffing yet. Dese pple can be really annoying. Kpele dear

    Pamscrib.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Christabel Ihemeje25 February 2015 at 07:16

    First time here. Been through most of your posts.
    Great job, Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lmao! If not wetin?!
    I was expecting to read "I was so pissed I shut down all flights for the day" #likeaboss
    Hahahhahahaa

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...