Friday 16 January 2015

HIT ME BABY




I remember a conversation I had with  a girl on a blind date a few years back.
I hate blind dates by the way.
As a rule, a blind date is kinda like ordering an unfamiliar dish  from the menu.All you have to go on, is the waiter’s recommendation and a name.You have no idea what the food is going to taste like or even look like until it arrives
(even then, you still dont know how long you’re going to spend on the toilet seat regretting your decision.) Anyway a friend hooked us up.


Here’s the scenario.
We started off okay at first.
We were dinning  at a really nice resturant in New GRA. We went through the customary “where do live, where are you from…..blah, blah” questions.
As the night wore on, we had less and less and less to talk about.

Don’t look at me, wasn’t my fault. Her one-worded responses were  annoying.She seemed to have  an arsenal of “Yes(es)” and No(s) with occasional  “maybes” that made me want to poison her.
At some point there was a very long uncomfortable silence,  as we waited for our order to arrive. The air of  boredom on the table  was like a third person in the flacid conversation.
“So what happened with your X ?”  I Asked finally.
I hate that question by the way.
But as far as conversation starters went that night, I was blank.

The waiter finally brought our order.
“He cheated on me, ” she said after another  long silence.
“……When I found out and confronted him….,” she continued,as she  sipped from her glass,
"......he beat me up so bad i was in the hospital for two weeks"

Her words were so casual, she might as well have been describing a recipe for Egusi-soup.
I felt terrible for opening up a clearly painful wound.
“I’m sorry” I said.
“…….it must’ve been really bad.”
“Bad ke?” She had a hint of a smile on her face.
“It’s a normal thing in relationships na”
“What, being hospitalised from a beating?” I asked curiously
“A beating is normal na.” . She shrugged.
“….Every man beats his woman”
“No, that’s not true”, I said, taken aback.

She stared at me in silence for a bit. "Wait wait!" She said waving her hands around like some mis-guided traffic warden. She adjusted herself in her seat. It was the first time she'd been animate since the date began.                                                                   
“Are you telling me that you wouldn’t  beat your wife when you get married ?” She asked, leaning forward.
she had a surprised look on her face as if I’d just told her that the last world cup was held in my village….and I featured as a goalkeeper.
“No, I wouldnt !”I said, equally surprised.

She looked around like we had an unseen audience keenly watching our date, then casually leaned forward again.(She liked doing that by the way)
“That is why you’re still single….” she whispered.
“…..No woman can respect a man who doesn’t beat her.”
Her tone was steady and with all the conviction a Jesus-is-coming-soon sermon.

I must’ve had my mouth open for about a minute.I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.
“Listen,” she began again with that same steel steady tone.
“A Man must command respect, otherwise his woman won’t respect him.”
“Let me get this straight,” I said adjusting myself in my seat (it was my turn to be animate)
“Love and care isn’t enough, you want a boyfriend/husband that beats you,?”
“Hian!”  She shrugged.
“Didn’t my parents beat me?”she said, earnestly.
“…..So Why should my husband be any  different?”
She seemed very certain of her stance on the issue.

“Love is not enough….” she went on.
“….. women want MEN…..not boys that can’t handle them……”
At that point She looked around.I think she suddenly realised that she was raising her voice.
“Look!” She continued in a lower tone.
“….I dont doubt that some women have been killed and hospitalised in the course of these beatings. I don’t condone that…..” She said, shaking her head vigorously
“……but like the bible says there should be moderation in all things. even God disciplines the ones he loves!”

“Wow”,I said sipping from my glass, by this time the coke tasted like bile in my mouth.I made a mental note to myself: DEAR OPUS. DO NOT EVER GO ON ANOTHER BLIND DATE IN YOUR LIFE EVER AGAIN!!!
“I can’t be with a man who doesn’t  beat me Oh!”she was saying.
“How will I respect him????”

Believe it or not  a lot of women believe that the true measure of a man is in the strength of the slap he can administer to  his woman.
I never called her again .Heard a few weeks back that she’s been hospitalised (AGAIN) after a traumatic beating from her NEW boyfriend .
Hope she pulls through.
The truth is there are a lot of  people out there that feel this is normal.Infact, they can’t function in a relationship without it.
“Naim dey make De love sweet na.” A young lady  was telling me.
“If man no beat me, den him no love me.”

You’d be amazed how many people believe that some form of abuse is essential. Infact its a turn-on for alot of women
And there are actually men who believe that a decent beating every now and then is normal for a relationship.
“A woman is like a good smart phone,” A male colleague of mine was telling me once. "........once in a while it needs a HARD RESTART!"



Personally, I think domestic abuse in any form is wrong.ABUSE IS ABUSE!!!
If that makes me seem less of a MAN,
then so be it.For those who agree with me,
THUMBS UP!!

life is a choice my friend.
So choose wisely
Enough said.





                                                  Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
                                                 I'm just saying









20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. u heard right dearie. some people are warped like dat. tnx for ur comment

      Delete
    2. Ivy come and see o. Opus went on a blind date

      :(

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Av once been in a scenario where I was beaten up by my boyfriend, I called the police on him, yea cos I cnt stand someone raising a finger on me,not even my husband!

    If it has to do with respect, I would definitely respect him without the whole beating drama, so ur so-called blind date/friend should wallow in ignorance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stand men who beat their women. It isn't right at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hian?
    Which kain mentality be that. One of my exes gave me one superman slap that I can't ever forget.
    He never had the chance to improve on that skill abeg cos any lingering affection I had for him died instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please miss blind date should either visit those shrink at yaba left or iselu....I can't even stand guy hit another lady in my presence,how much more me, this my overly pampered brown skin? Naaaa, not in this world...My dad placed a boy and his family for hitting, the street still tells the story...lol

    *ticktock

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know sme1 who says she has never bn in a rship in which her guy didnt beat her. She never seemed upset when speaking about it and for sme reason I suspect she requests or maybe even demands it from them. She just wont say that to me cos she knows I already suspect she's quite abnormal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. “Didn’t my parents beat me?...So Why should my husband be any different?” *Udonminit*
    (singing)"Murder she wrote"... I agree with you Opus... My fav line
    ...she had a surprised look on her face as if I’d just told her that the last world cup was held in my village….and I featured as a goalkeeper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Opus I'm so with you on this. I'll never raise my hand on a woman. I no even get power for fight before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Opus, I think some ladies enjoy the beating. So even if you advice them to get out of the relationship, they don't. I won't tolerate any beating from any man. The beating that my parents gave me is enough..lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. THAT WHAT IS CALLED A SADIST!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmn... I'm still waiting on the man that'll sha raise a finger on me. Them no born u well ni! Mbanunu!
    In my opinion, any man who has maximum self control skills (I say this cos some women have a knack for pushing the wrong buttons) is a King and deserves to be respected.
    Sadly, a lot (f&m alike) feel it's a norm cos they grew up in that kind of volatile environment.
    I wonder tho... what's the remedy to this?

    Signed
    E.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmn... I'm still waiting on the man that'll sha lay a finger on me. Them no born u well ni! Mbanunu!
    In my opinion, any man who has maximum self control skills (I say this cos some women have a knack for pushing the wrong buttons) is a King and deserves to be respected.
    Sadly, a lot (f&m alike) feel it's a norm cos they grew up in that kind of volatile environment.
    I wonder tho... what's the remedy to this?

    Signed
    E.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's one sad school of thought I suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's crazy! Abuse is one stuff that can make me commit murder. Why beat someone? It is wrong. That is why I will advice people to have a stint in martial arts or boxing, stuff that help you on self control and discipline. No level of provocation will make me raise a finger, once you do, you have shown stupid weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As a matter of fact, the homes people come from affect their judgements. Dad (may his soul rest in peace) to his credit never ever raised his voice on our mum, talk less of beating......where I for come learn that kain wild animal behaviour?

    ReplyDelete
  17. WTF!!!
    What did she just say...her brain need reseting...till she meet the man that would beat her to coma.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...