Thursday 29 January 2015

HOW TO GET MARRIED!!!!!..by some guy on the radio with a heavy Ijaw accent!!!




HERE'S THE SCENARIO......

I was driving through Aba road in Port Harcourt a few days back. It was a fairly cool evening. I decided to turn on the radio. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much. But I was  bored and there was a little bit of traffic on the road.

What a shock! I thought to myself when the radio came on.
No Music!!
No Drake, Lil Wayne ...or at  the very least  Whiz Kid Song greeted me from the speakers.
Mtcheeew!!

I was about to click off the Radio when I had a slight rethink.
What the hell? I thought.
I decided to give the programme a chance. It soundly vaguely interesting.

It was one of those "How to get married'' programmes.

Some raspy-voiced guy with a severe Ijaw accent was on air.
I didn't catch his name but, apparently he was some sort of Pastor/Marriage Counsellor.
 I decided to listen. If nothing, his bad English would give me something to blog about.

Surprisingly, the way he started off, caught my attention;

''SHOULD YOU MARRY WHO YOU LOVE, OR LOVE WHO YOU MARRY?"

Now I cannot over-emphasize this, the man's ENGLISH WAS TERRIBLE.....INSANELY TERRIBLE!
Now that I think about it,  he didn't just sound like he was speaking  English with an Ijaw accent. It sounded  like he was speaking an entirely new language that OCCASSIONALLY sounded like English.


 So,I will Paraphrase,



He said that what most people confuse for love is a series of intense feelings leaning towards infatuation, and mad chemistry that although are necessary for a relationship, CANNOT BE THE BASIS FOR A RELATIONSHIP/MARRIAGE!!
That the primary thing people should look for in any partner for marriage/relationship is compatibility

.

He Said  that love isn't a feeling you can't control. Love is a commandment. In  his own words "..love is  a verb". It's an action word.
That is why it is the greatest commandment in the BIBLE.

Therefore, love is WHAT  YOU DO, NOT WHAT YOU SAY/FEEL!!
Thus it is required of a person to love who they are married to.


He goes on to say that a lot of people confuse love for infatuation or  some mild form of obsession which isn't very healthy.
If you base an entire relationship or marriage on THAT feeling ...  INFATUATION,PASSION,...CHEMISTRY..it wont work. Here's why;
 These intense feelings you might have for someone at the beginning of the relationship or "honey moon phase" are unstable,unreliable elements..


Passion is essentially energy.
Energy fluctuates (high today, low tomorrow).
Once passion is low in a relationship, If there's no compatibility, the relationship will fall apart.
Its the reason why most celebrity marriages in Hollywood fail.
Because, the focus is on passion.


When the passion "mellows out" and there's no compatibility, the couple realise they really don't know each other. That's when people claim they've "fallen out of love".

In short, if two people are compatible(I.e. they complement each other, get along and share similar values)the relationship can survive and thrive with near minimal passion(what most people confuse for love)
But this same  Passion/chemistry/attraction without compatibility means doom for a relationship.


MIND YOU, he's not saying Passion/chemistry/attraction aren't important But the emphasis on them in relationship/marriages is wrong. These "feelings" are less than 30% of what makes for  a good relationship.

So marry someone you're compatible with not someone you are just crazy about. Then while in marriage,LOVE that person



Here's what I think,

A married couple I know are "separated" now. This is after being married for about two years.
They dated for less than a year before they got married.

They were soooooo in love.
Whenever they were together in public you could see the passion and intensity between them.
They could barely keep their hands off each other.

They made every other couple around them seem like a "Third World Country". If you were in a bad relationship, you didn't want to be around these two.
It was easy for most couples  to "Beef" them. And I mean STRONG "Beef "oh! ......Like "Kilishi"

Anyway, after two years of marriage they can't stand each other.
According to the Man-whose name is Ebi,
" I think we rushed into this marriage," he was telling me in my office
"We're not compatible"

when I asked the wife Antonia, she said,
"We just can't get along, and I don't feel for him the way I used to,"
She was in tears when she told me this.
"What's painful.......," She went on.
"..... Is that he's a good man but we can't stand being around each other anymore"

I thought about Antonia and Ebi as I listened to the programme. And I thought to myself, if the two of them simply decided (with CONVICTION) to love each other; no matter what!!!!(since love is a verb-an action word)wouldn't that  save their marriage?????

hmmmmm.....







I agree that LOVE IS WHAT YOU DO,NOT WHAT YOU SAY/FEEL.
I also agree that Passion/attraction/chemistry isn't enough reason to get married.
Compatibility is very important.
For Me??
Attraction and Chemistry are the first things that grab my attention. Then after that I consider compatibility.....Then LOVE.....then MARRIAGE(In that order)


One more thing,.....
 I don't think you have to wait till marriage to show someone  you LOVE them though.

But that's just me, I'm no expert. I just tell it like I see it.
What do you guys think?


Life is a choice my friend
So Choose wisely
Enough said








22 comments:

  1. I think i'm gonna take this..

    Love is an action word. It isn't what you say or feel, it is what you do..

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Me thinks' compatibility is the key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur with d Ijaw man with accent. There is dis guy I was very crazy about, wen we are around each oda we always want to grab n chew ourselves off. But we are not compatible. We have different views, opinions, n his character off bed is full of neglect, reckless words, bad friends, late nites, stuffs I cant deal with but I seem to love (lust over) him so much. If I decide to marry dis guy now because of this chemistry in bed, it will definitely fall apart before one year cos den he mite have given me d whole styles on earth-doggie, missionary etc and I might have gotten tired cos there wont b much we can talk about. Am d not so outdoor type, he is d extremely outdoor type bla bla bla. So many things dat tear us apart. So I think, Compatibility is what matters most den u can learn to love n cherish dat person with time. Be with who u can hold a conversation with for hours without grabbing each oda for sex, it mite sound boring but eventually, years later wen dat sex or passion or romance dies, u can still be together for companionship. #My2Cents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you precious.mine is that I'm married to him,I cry and regret every passing day.just wish I can turn back the hands of time

      Delete
    2. I can't discuss with my husband without him shouting at me,sometime I keep quiet because I don't want problem, not that I don't have any thing to say.instead he derived joy talking nonsense with his friends and leaving me behind.

      Delete
  4. And I know this cos d person am with now is intelligent. No dull moment. We can talk for hours unending. We can gossip too of things happening around. Its fun. BTW, I love dis blog. Am a newbie here. Am here to stay though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precious Ibik" I love your comment to the moon and back.....
      I would love to (with someone who I can have a conversation with for hours without getting bored, make me laugh, make him laugh. Chemistry & attractions next, compatibility and love follows... kikikikiki

      Delete
  5. And yea, you're welcome to thy blog... a place where we could comment without being asked if are robots and beggars association ain't just waiting to cook up stories to get gifts,money or thy likes...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. And yea, you're welcome to thy blog... a place where we could comment without being asked if are robots and beggars association ain't just waiting to cook up stories to get gifts,money or thy likes...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hhahahahah,darling you are from stella's blog yea? I just stumbled into this blog today and I am glad I came in. nice one opus!

      Delete
  7. lwkmd! Maya u re damn funny... Chai! lol @beggars association

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just v to agree wit the ijaw man he is on point, @ maya y d soo much bitterness, my advice u nid 2 teaspoon of honey morning afternon nd 9it 2 clear out some amount of bitterness in ur soul. U sure nid dis gurl. Y do u cry more than d berife? Stella derive joy in doing wat she does so y hating on ppl she choose 2 hlp. Gurl u would neva knw d feelings of poverty and hardship unless u v been der or seen ppl that v passed thru it dnt mistake me 4 1 its jst that I v a heart that can relate wit wat they pass thru.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny not all sob stories are true. Ve heard n seen so many. Believe me wen I say that ppl can conjure up very deep painful story to seek help wen they re plain lazy. I help ppl a lot infact that is actually my weakness(or strength). Just dat these days ppl can make u stop doing good wen u find out its all lies...

    ReplyDelete
  10. They have come to litter this blog with drama. Please, intelligent people only. All the dumb and petty broads, exit stage left.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They have come to litter this blog with drama. Please, intelligent people only. All the dumb and petty broads, exit stage left.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this blog,easy to comment. In fact I will grow old with this blog, as long this wonderful blog exist

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol. compatibility is really vital in marriage. as much as i love love, its actually d third tin on my list for reasons to get married. compatibility, friendship, before love. like Opus has said, dt passion we often mistake for love, wld wane or evn die entirely. when u n ur partners are wearing dentures, its d compatibility and friendship dt wld keep you going

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that compatibility and passion are both equally important. I wouldn't want to marry someone that I am compatible with but who I would cheat on cos I craved passion.
    I guess it also depends on individuals.
    How important is passion or compatibility to you?
    Some people are naturally asexual or with low sex drive and would prefer someone who shares all their values while someone who craves romance and passion would look less for compatibility and more for passion even when part of them knows that their partner is their total opposite.
    Anyway who says we can't have all ?
    Passion, friendship and compatibility.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love brings two people together in marriage ,but it isn't love that will sustain that marriage. Rather understanding and tolerance will.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Talk is cheap, Practical hard!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the main issue is what people consider to be love and where their definition is gotten from cus from my own source( the bible), says love covers multiple of sins; paraphrasing I would say love covers plenty things. If you love someone, you would want to befriend that person, you would long to understand the person as well etc etc

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...