Wednesday 22 April 2015

WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER QUIT!!!

Heard a very inspiring tale today.
I decided to share it.For a while,I've been going through some deep and troubling personal  issues that have made slip into a strange kind of depression that I never realized would affect me so much.
Without going into details,lets just say that in Less than three hours today,about 80% of the problems I'd been going through were solved.
Just like that!

Like abracadabra a great burden was taken off my shoulders.
And I heard a very inspiring story that I want to share it here.
Some of you might have heard this story before.For those of you that haven't heard it,I think its quite inspiring.
A young lady had lost her job and had recently been jilted by a lover she'd been with for a few years.
She was in her early thirties and had slipped into a dangerous kind of depression.
She felt alone,sad , and heart broken.
Life lost its meaning to her.She felt her world was over and she basically given up on life.
The young lady took an overdose of sleeping pills in a bid to end her life.
By some miracle,she survived.
After being in the hospital for a while,she was discharged and brought home.
As soon as she got home, her mother instructed her to go to the kitchen and boil a Carrot,an egg,and some grains of coffee in three separate pots of water for twenty minutes.
Of course the young lady frowned at this odd request(I mean,she'd just been discharged from the hospital,the last thing she needed was a Cookery lesson).But being a dutiful daughter,she obeyed her mother.
Twenty minutes later,Her mother instructed her to turn off the gas.
Her mother then  told her to examine each pot closely.
In the first pot,she noticed that the Carrot had softened up.
In the second pot,the egg had boiled until its shell had cracked open.
In the last pot,the Coffee grains had dissolved and had not only changed the color of the water,but had also given it a nice aroma.
"So...?"she asked her mother.
"What does this mean?
Her mother smiled and said.
"All three of them were subjected to the same kind of pressure....But in the end,they all responded differently"
The young lady still had a curious look on her face.
"There are three kinds of people in this world...."the mother continued.
"Those that soften under pressure(they lose their strength).,
Those who crack under pressure and lose their minds....and themselves,
And those who are like coffee grains in boiling water. that is, they change the circumstances around them and come out smelling better" The Mother concluded.
Finally,the young lady understood.
According to the story,the young lady's attitude changed from that day.
She decided to make the best of her circumstance after that,and in the passage of time,she got a better job and met her husband.
I have NO idea what you're going through.
I have NO idea how long you've been going through it.
80% of the solution to a problem is how you CHOOSE to respond to the problem.
Adaptability and a positive attitude go a long way.
Choose to be like the grains of coffee in boiling water.......turn the problem into an opportunity to come out with a nice aroma.
You don't have to lose your strength,or crack under pressure.
Every problem has a solution.It might not be immediate but trust me if you choose to be strong....if you choose not to break....you'll come out smelling better.



LIFE IS A CHOICE MY FRIEND
SO CHOOSE WISELY
ENOUGH SAID

39 comments:

  1. Thank u so much for dis post, it means a lot to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank my dear Opus that's the reason I keep saying I love you****, this came at the right time, though I've always been like the coffee, but after reading this, I got strengthened the more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you need to be careful. The "MRS" might strike...

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for this. Really encouraged anstrengthened me. if I believe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby's business just folded up and I'm goin to be supporting the family alone for a while, our two kids, my maid n hubby. House rent is due in two months and kids are resuming skool on Monday. All of this on top my 81k salary. Hmmm! Your story just lifted my mood cos I'v been crying and asking God how we'r going to survive. I know it's just 4 a while n I'm going to come out of it a better person. Tanx a lot Opus! God bless ur hustle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear u will survive. If my mum can cater for her family without a father for almost 16years (6 children with just 20k salary) u will survive. Av patience, hope and faith. Just rely on God

      Delete
    2. You will be fine. Will keep you in my prayers.

      Delete
    3. You will be fine. Will keep you in my prayers.

      Delete
    4. God will see you through this phase and you (and your family) will come out fine by His grace.

      Delete
  5. Fiance dumped me in the most horrible embarrassing was last year, affected my job had to leave, couldn't pay my rent had to move back with my parents so I was jobless, homeless, heartbroken and embarrassed. Completely broken with nothing to show for anything. Got back to God He put his loving arms around me. Met a fantastic awesome man at church, still no job yet but I know it's coming.. i'll come back with my complete testimony.. still in progress. But i'm completely healed on the inside, forgave from my heart and have even started seeing time time as the blessing God intends all trials to be.. thanks for this message. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only you were strong enough not to allow the situation affect your job.....but God knows best.

      Keep on keeping on...the Lord is your strength.

      Delete
  6. It came in right on time tnx opus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dts so intriguing. Dts a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God bless you man! We need to encourage and pray for one another. For all those passing through what I call the fire test, you will come out a stronger metal of honour, a purer and sparkling gold and a source of strength and inspiration to those around you, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww my darling, always thought u re a super hero who doesnt share such mudane humanly feelings like depression (bearhug).Thanks a lot for this. Love u loads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect timing! I so needed to hear this. Hubby cheated on me. It hurt so bad but I have decided to pick myself up and face my career and son. I refuse to be depressed..thanks Opus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would it be right if i say 2 wrongs makes us even?

      Delete
  11. Now this is a message coming at the right time for me. Everything will be all right, I am coffee grains!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Tks alot opus. I really appreciate this now.

    Pamscrib.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Opus, I think this story is for me too! Thanks once again for this timely encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wouldn't have thought Opus couldn't be depressed but then, hasn't it been said that all great writers are prone to depression....justkidding..
    Thanks Opus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. **could be depressed....sorry for the typo

      Delete
  15. Thanks Opus I this story was meant for me, thank u so much

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Opus I this story was meant for me, thank u so much

    ReplyDelete
  17. Depression...
    Creeps up on u like a thief and it's icy claws grabs ur thoughts... fills it with gloomy details that pierces your very being with pain and blame.
    Your heart weeps and your soul feels alone, u find yourself sinking and calling for help with a voice only you can hear.

    We know it too well and somehow we still let it take control...
    Thanks Mr. for the lifeline.

    Signed
    E

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too late. Wish I read this article two days earlier

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Opus for this lovely piece.... So inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  20. Opus you come out "smelling better " ??? Or its my glasses or my head over worked with clients paper work or the judge who didn't seat till 12 today? Whewwww...

    *ticktock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So ain't seeing clearly, the stress of seating that long in wig and gown, so can't make out the "smelling better" jussayn

      *ticktock

      Delete
    2. yea smelling better. BTW we know u r a lawyer..... it had been judicially noticed. pheeeew

      Delete
  21. Anonymous 18:32" she smiles

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous 18:32" she smiles

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...