Saturday 4 April 2015

MR AND MRS


Daisy opened one of her eyes, and looked at Tommy who had both eyes shut and was seriously praying. She shook her head, and kept staring at him with just one eye.
“Lord give my wife the ability to be understanding, she should know that the economy is melting down, she should know that things are not easy, give her a heart to manage, to manage for love, to manage as the home maker…..”

Tommy went on for five more minutes, at the end of which Daisy shouted a resounding “AMEN”


Daisy sat at the dining table, waiting for Tommy to come out of the room for breakfast. He came in, looking dapper in a grey suit. She stood up and served him breakfast. She waited for him to start his meal, then she said “Honey bunch, so how much are you leaving for me for what we discussed last night?”
 Tommy looked up at her
“Sugar pie, you of all people should know how it is, the construction sector is having a real problem, cash is not coming in. I don’t have any money”

Daisy looked at her husband and smiled. “Bee hive, are you saying nothing for me?”


“Ahn ahn my mango juice, why are you calling me bee hive nau? I’m I now a bee?” Tommy asked

“You have not answered me o… nothing for me?” she asked again

“Ehn okay let me see what I can do by month end?” he replied

“Month end? Today is just 3rd" Daisy replied
“I know my wife is understanding.. Don’t worry, things would get better” Tommy told her
“So you mean there is no money in this house? How would we manage?”Daisy asked
“Don’t worry, God is in control” Tommy said standing up from the table.

Daisy walked him to his car, and he left for work. “This man is just playing with me in this house” she said to herself, as she went into their room.  She looked around the room, and honed in on the wardrobe. She began a frantic search.


“So you see Paul that is how to do this thing. She has a job, so she should carter for some things too. Be smart man”
Tommy said to Paul, as they stood in the car park at the close of work. “When is Femi even returning from his trip? I have been trying to call him to no avail. I can’t wait to get my hands on the things he is buying for me from Italy” he continued

“The thing with Femi is that his things are always expensive, 280k for one suit? Na wa o” Paul lamented

“Quality man… quality. You have to look sharp. You know I don’t play with my wardrobe. In fact I have the money at home, waiting for his return” Tommy said to Paul.

“Anyway, I don’t see myself buying anything from him this time, I am saving up money for a new car for Sheila” Paul replied, looking at his wristwatch.

“That woman has really done a number on you. Time to go mehn, see you tomorrow” Tommy said. With that, they shook hands and parted ways.


Daisy welcomes her husband home with a hug she has a new hairdo and looks really happy and beautiful. “My darling wife, the apple of my eyes, you look so beautiful” Tommy said, spinning her around.

“Thank you, my darling husband takes good care of me” Daisy said full of smiles, as she led Tommy to the room. She set the table for dinner, and served him a sumptuous meal.


“Thank You Lord for blessing me with such a caring husband, that knows how to provide for his family. He is not like some other men, that don’t care about their wives, and go around squandering their money. He provides for this family diligently. Lord if I come back to this world, I want to marry him over and over again…..” Daisy said the night prayer


Two days later……

“Are we not the only ones in this house? Look woman, you had better be joking. Don’t get on my nerves, give it to me” Tommy said, looking furious.

The room is in disarray, clothes are scattered all over, but Daisy is seated on the bed looking very calm.

“Honeysuckle, if you would only tell me what you are searching for, maybe I can be of help. So far, you have not said anything” she replied looking amused

“You know exactly what I am talking about. You are up to something, this is not a joke” Tommy said resuming his search

“Well if you can’t say what it is, I guess you should search harder but when you are through, don’t expect me to tidy up after you” with that, Daisy walked out of the room. Tommy kept searching the entire room.

“Okay I know you took the money, just return it please” Tommy said coming into the sitting room, where Daisy was seated watching television.

She turned around and looked at him
“Money? In this house? How much are we talking about” Daisy asked

“Ehn baby stop nau you already know how much” Tommy said

“Hmm you are not even serious sef” with that Daisy turned back to her movie

Tommy cleared his throat, looking uncomfortable “ 460k but it’s for something, it’s not even mine” Tommy said looking towards the door and away from Daisy

“What! When did you become a bank ehn Tombere, anyway please search very well o” Daisy replied feigning shock

“Okay Okay it’s our own, I was saving it for something important for us” Tommy said, conceding defeat

“Oh its now our own? So you had almost 500k in this house and you were saving it for us? Well please search very well o bee hive. That is a lot of money”
Daisy stood up from the couch, and went into the kitchen, Tommy was right behind her.
“Baby stop nau, oya how much have you spent from it, just give me the remaining one” Tommy told her.
Daisy turned around, and looked at him, and then she started laughing.
“You seem to forget that I am your wife. I know you in and out. So you were busy saving money to buy things from Femi as usual, and you wanted us to starve? Meanwhile you were busy melting your own economy in prayers every morning.”

“See stop laughing o. I hope you haven’t finished the money, new hair, new clothes, lots of food stuff. Daisy don’t try me o” Tommy said looking like he was on his last nerve.

“Well my darling husband takes good care of me. It’s our money isn’t it? Here is the change” with that, she brought out a thin envelop from a kitchen cabinet, and handed over to him.
 He grabbed it eagerly, and looked at it. “What is this? Are you kidding me?” he said counting the money. “This is only 135k” he said to her.

“Oh it’s even true. Give me 5000 naira, for your dry cleaner, and 2000 for the girl that supplies us eggs” Daisy said, reaching for the envelop.

Tommy snatched his hands away, looked at her and left the kitchen. Daisy burst into laughter.


Tommy came back into the kitchen, with a pen and a piece of paper “Start telling me how you spent the money” he said looking really serious.

Daisy smiled “I sent your parents their allowance, it’s been two months since we sent them money, Julie has been crying to you that she needed textbooks, so I sent her 30k, I serviced my car, with 57k, I bought foodstuffs with 40k, I paid the gateman and your mum's driver, I made my hair and bought toiletries for the house…..” she looked at him, and stopped when she realized that he wasn’t writing down anything.

“Write it nau, so you can calculate it” she said. Tommy looked at her, hissed and walked out of the kitchen. Daisy’s laughter followed him out.


Later that evening, Tommy’s phone kept ringing incessantly and he kept ignoring the call. He was with his pen and a piece of paper, seriously calculating. Femi was back, and he had things to pay for. He needed to look sharp…..



LIFE IS A CHOICE MY FRIEND
SO CHOOSE WISELY
ENOUGH SAID



36 comments:

  1. Stingy husband. Serves him rite. Mtchww

    Kindly visit my blog
    Pamscrib.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I will like your blog,let me click on it

      Delete
  2. Those pet names tho.....only babe works! S/O to all the Pauls out there....respect! Madam, u're lucky he's cool. Try this with some lunatics n u'll vomit every penny after u've been discharged from d hospital! Stingy koko, ntorrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol opus. Pls bring bac the concluding part of the mystery ring and amaka da mistress. Missing them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which ring? Don't you see thrillers were at the end of the movie, the supposed dead zombie would be on the same train as d hero...then that's d end!
      The idea of the ring being out there is for u to be terrified & excited at the same.
      Do you get it?

      Delete
  4. Hahahh am just loving daisy, cunny man die cunny man burie am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Badt guy! When he realized that most of the money was spent on his basic needs and responsibility, he chilled. Mtcheeeew! May God expose all Tommy's out there, who are too selfish to notice those around them with their own needs, just to look sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The woman get mind sha....the man own too much sef

    ReplyDelete
  7. rotfl. That prayer prt sounds so familiar. Opus pls more stories like this. a light read, with humour. i like.... Daisy knws her husband is not prone to violence, if not she wouldnt hv tried dis. bee hive. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha! Good for him. Brought out pen and paper, thinking she squandered it anyhow. Kai, stingy man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Family circle devoid of d kids. Nice one opus ( in Helens voice...... dog with a blog)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love daisy...hahahaha. Sharp woman

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kabash every Tommy 4rm my life IJN... Amen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I kabash every Tommy 4rm my life IJN... Amen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol! Stingy hubby! Dat serves him right!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Opus nailed it again,some men are born stingy,when I was 23 years old my ex use to make his hair at downtown salon,bode Thomas but to give me 2k for braids then na wah,whenever I need money from him,I break up with him and that when he start begging and remembers he needs to do shopping and all,there is nothing he won't buy,remember when he gave me Honda hala,lol uhm

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loool. I love daisy jare. Na her type fit stingy men. Still waiting with bated breath to read the end of Kollupia.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice blog you have here Opus. I got to know about your blog through SDK blog and I have been glued .Am kalabari from Bakana and am filled with pride that a bruh writes this good.Please kindly conclude the unrepentant mistress and pastor Bosco. Waiting in anticipation. Thanks .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol..cunny man die,cunny man bury am. Good one Opus.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Men! **in Opus' voice** Enough said....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tommy, an irresponsible man.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Funny Daisy lmao. I love her already.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hahahahahahahaaaa I can't stop laughing! Can u imagine? Hahahahahaaaaaaa...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Daisy, thank God you're not married to a wife-beater.
    Tommy really? Loool.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This wife MUST be a very good house keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good man n woman. Although the man could be less selfish n I appreciate the wife for not wasting the money on selfish things to prove a point. Good read opus

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love her style...she made sure she sent to his mom nd dad..incase she needs backup.......tommy wetin u fit do again?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awwwwww, don't I just love the MRS? Love the story, loads of lessons passed across and my favorite part...... pet names" honey suckle, beehive, honey bunch.....kikikiki*grinning sweetly *

    *ticktock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello maya, I've not seen you on the blog in a while, hope you're ok??

      Delete
  28. I think I can read this story over and over again and I wouldn't be bored and I'll still get something to grin about....*shinningherteeth

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...