Thursday 15 October 2015

THE MAZE 3


Inspector Ladi looked at the time, it was 10:45 pm, and he was still seated at his desk, going through the case file for the missing girls. The case had been re-assigned to him, after the third girl Precious went missing two weeks ago. His superiors think there is a connection, and it’s his job to find out what it is.
Something about the whole affair seemed off, but he had no idea what it was. Three girls, different age, different classes and different personalities. All gone missing in the middle of the night. No witnesses, no evidence. Ladi scratches his beard, and stands up. Time to call it a day.
…………………
…………………………………………………

“Somto Obunze had been loved by everybody. As a child, she always had a smile on her face, which she had even when she bloomed into a teenager. Everybody loved her, as she was always kind and had a sweet word for everyone she met. What a sweet and sunny personality…. She will surely be missed”
With that, the girl bends down, and sticks a knife into the chest of the girl that is tied up on the floor. The bound girl makes a tired noise, and falls to her side.

“What do you think you are doing?” the man asks, coming into the room.
“The bitch should die already…. I don’t know why you decided to keep her alive for this long…. She needs to die…”
The man gives her a resounding slap that sends her flying like a discarded rag doll into the semi-conscious girl.
“Silly child…. What is wrong with you?” the man says in a rage, pushing her off the bound girl, and checking for a pulse.
“I am sorry…. I thought this is what you want?..... I am sorry. Do you hate me now? Please… I love you I am sorry” the girl sobs. The man ignores her, picking the bound girl off the ground, and taking her out of the room. The girl remains on the ground sobbing.
……………………………………………………………………


The town is agog with the news.
One of the missing girls have been found….. DEAD.
Somto Obunze was found in front of her parents’ house, by passers-by early that morning. She was still in the night wear she had on the night she disappeared. She had rope burns on her wrists and ankles, but was laid as though she was sleeping by the gate.
Her body has been taken for an autopsy.
Inspector Ladi looked at the photo of the girl smiling back at him, and sighed. He wondered if her death was politically motivated, as the Obunzes were a power wheel in the country. He knew he had to go over to their house, to take instructions or statements, but he is going to put it off as long as he can. He doesn’t need to be anywhere near Mrs. Obunze at the moment. The woman is a fireball on an average day. Today she would be an inferno.
…………………………………………………………………………..


“You have been a bad girl…. A very very bad girl…. And you must pay for it” The man says, sitting on an armchair, with the girl kneeling in front of him.
“Yes sir.. I am sorry sir” the girl replies with tears in her eyes.
“You don’t take instructions. I cannot have that. You should never do anything without my go ahead. I am going to have to clean up your mess, and I am sick of it. You need to go back. I don’t want you here anymore” the man continues, ignoring her pleas.
The girl crawls towards him, until she is in between his legs. “Please….. I am sorry, I don’t want to go back there.” She begs him, touching his thighs gently till he has a bulge.
“Let go of me…. You are not a child. You must remember that” the man pushes her away, and strides out of the room. She falls to the floor in tears.

…………………………………………………………………………………….

Everywhere in the school compound is quiet. The news had gotten to them. Snr Somto is dead. Staff and students are in a subdued state. Nobody talks about it, but there are whispers all around. Some even say Samantha is also dead. Nobody knows the truth, the principal had not addressed them.

Maya stands by her bunk, and looks towards Samantha’s corner. She doesn’t feel pity for any of the missing girls. She doesn’t think they deserve any pity. She wonders if anybody would notice if she took Samantha’s flip flops. Those flip flops are beautiful.
………………………………………………………………………………………….

Fred walks into his uncle’s house, expecting a mournful atmosphere. But the house is quiet. Nothing moved. The security man at the gate, hadn’t even asked him a single question. He had just looked at his face, and opened the gate. That is the first time such a thing is happening.
“Anyone here” Fred calls out again and again, wondering where the maids are. He is about going up the stairs, when one of the cooks walks into the lounge.
“Your Uncle and his family are not here.”  The man said, looking forlorn.
“Why is the house so quiet?”
“The maids have a day off…. Madam told them to go away.”
“Then where did my uncle go?”
“Haven’t you heard the news? One girl has been found dead…. Do you know what that means?” the man looks at Fred like he had sprouted horns. Then he turns around and goes towards the kitchen.
Fred looks around him. Today seems to be his lucky day. He would find out what it means to live in such luxury once again. He has almost forgotten.
“Can I get something great to eat?” Fred shouts after the man.
………………………………………………………………………

Adanma was seated in class, looking outside the windows. She hates being in school. The biology teacher droned on and on. Adanma wonders how much longer the class would be. She looked at her wrist watch for the fifth time in three minutes, and heaved a sigh. She can’t wait to graduate again.
“Ada please I would use your note during break” the girl behind her says, nudging her.
Adanma nods her head. Yep she definitely hates school.



to be continued.........
IVY




LIFE IS A CHOICE MY FRIENDS
SO CHOOSE WISELY
ENOUGH SAID




#iReadopustjkwrites



26 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ivy can u solve this maze pls, cause it gives me headache each tym I read.

      Delete
    2. Exactly Jenny! Ivy confuses her readers half of the time. Can't deal!

      Delete
    3. hmmm. confused anon.... dats y the title is maze. Ivy confuses u half d tym... rotfl. girls r missing. 3 now. i body found. who is behind it? oya pls d nxt episode. i luv dis.


      Opus my crush. how r u.

      Delete
  2. It's a maze indeed....now am thoroughly confused 😖

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew
    This story is busy
    Let me go back to refresh my memory.
    Nice one, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I thot I was the only one!

      Delete
    2. Very busy story and the time between the updates isn't helping. I'm sure the facts will begin to connect soon, I know it's supposed to be some sort of gréât mystery but it should be more intruiging and less confusing.

      Delete
  4. Still confused abeg...ll wait on the nxt episode as usual...*back to work*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Opusivy you have decided to talk to us only in riddles abi?

      Delete
  5. Its the space in-between posts. Can't even remember the story again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ivy please naw,i know things can be hectic.. like anony 17.32 said, the space between posts. Even. Your xes and... blog.. pleaseeee.. Okay? And I love the maze, eager to see how it'll all come together. Thumbs up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm! Is Adamma d one bringing d gals from d boarding school? I don't understand. Pls o can someone help me out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still confused. Can sum1 please translate what I just read to English. I am very sure this story was written in Arabic.cnt even remember wat I just read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm having a hard time putting this story together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So y'll read stories and forget after few days? Hian!!! Ok o. Hope Adanma won't get missing? Or is she the girl begging? Somto dead? Wat about the Chief's daughter? I'm no longer suspecting Fred again. I'm suspecting Chief or the police man

    ReplyDelete
  11. A web of mazes, too bad someone had to die. Young people these days have no respect for life, nothing is held sacrosanct anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ivy u must b a lecturer I wander if students will pass your course cos this your maze is confusing me. I await next chapter for I don't know what to comment on to what I read here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greaatttttt!!!!!
    Ivy ure a darln, I love stories lyk dis, complicated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this strory!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...