Thursday 12 March 2015

SARA'S SECRET


“You better not tell him.oh!.....Hian!......, are you crazy?” Tina said to Sara looking at her like she had suddenly developed horns.
 Sara sat down, and fixed her eyes to a  spot on the rugged floor.

“Sometimes you can sound so naive” Tina continued shaking her head.

“But I don’t think it's a good idea to keep it a secret, considering that he has told me all his own secrets” Sara said defensively.
Tina's eyes almost popped out of their sockets when she said;

“Who told you he doesn't have secrets? Some things are better left unsaid Sara. Men cannot be trusted. He will  use it against you one day. Trust me, have I ever lied to you?”She asked  as she sat next to Sara on the couch.

Sara shook her head “No you haven't” she replied in a small voice.
She suddenly felt very foolish for even considering it in the first place. That was why she had come to Tina. Tina was the only friend she had, and was wiser when it came to such matters.



Looking at both women seated on the couch, one couldn't  help but notice their differences.

Tina was tall and slender, with legs that seemed to start from her shoulders. She didn't have much going on in the Boob area, but that didn't in any way hamper her femininity. She was ALL WOMAN....No doubt.
She had full lips,and eyes like a Vixen. She was dressed in a way that flattered her body.

 Sara was also tall, but that was where the similarity ended. She had the kind of boobs that drew the attention of both men and women.She was a very curvy woman.
Her eyes were small on her Pretty face.Her lips though not as thick as Tina's, seemed very Kissable nonetheless.
She was beautiful.
But unlike Tina, she seemed to have dressed with the intention to hide her feminine side.




BIODUN looked up from his work, as Sara walked into his office.
 As usual,she had a hypnotic effect on him  as he could barely  avert his eyes.
She walked towards his table. As always, her presence was Electrifying and Powerful like a Magic spell.Everything about her was seductive...everything.

He stood up and gave her a hug.How did I get so lucky?He thought to himself. As always on such occasions, she had a  shy smile on her face.
“I didn't realize it was time already baby." He said, staring into her eyes and losing himself for a few seconds.
"Please sit down and give me a moment to round up, then we leave okay?” he said
“No problem dear” she replied, sitting down

Sara watched Biodun as he worked on his computer, and got that surreal feeling she always got whenever she thought about him.

She had met him barely eight months ago at the airport when all flights had been delayed due to bad weather.
 He was heading out of the country on business, while she was going to Abuja for a conference. They got talking, and the connection had been instant. He was the closest she'd ever come to a Love-at-First-Sight scenario.

He took her number and two weeks later, they started dating. Biodun was a hardworking entrepreneur, and dating him was blissful.

Suddenly after eight Months, he was talking about being together forever, and having babies. Sara was thrilled, but she just hoped he didn't find out about her...."secret".
 He thought she was perfect and she hoped it remained that way. One silly mistake could spoil all this happiness and like Tina had advised, it was better to keep her mouth shut.

Two weeks later, Biodun proposed to her, and she accepted.
Sara was so excited; she called Tina and informed her. Tina sounded very pleased for her, and they decided that they would have a 'Girls Night' out to celebrate.

Tina had been born into a wealthy family, and was used to  having  anything she wanted.

She traveled to all parts of the world, and didn't need to be in the office 24/7, as “Daddy” owned the office.
She and Sara had met on their first day of resumption at Queens College, and had become best friends.
Tina had taken Sara under her wing, and was always there to save her from bullies. When it was time to go to the University, Tina Insisted on going  to Unilag, just because she couldn't leave Sara.
Sara lost her parents in a car crash that year.
In a sense, Tina became her 'family'


"How hard can it be to marry me?"Tina asked Andre as he lit another cigarette. As always, he was calm and seemed a little withdrawn.
 "I DON'T  BLAME YOU!" her anger was rising.It had been rising all day, since she found out about Sara's engagement.

"I blame myself for sticking with a Mama’s boy!"she was frustrated by his "Passiveness"

"Tina, we've only dated for three months....why the sudden 'marriage' fever?"he asked, staring at her curiously.
Tina leaned in Aggressively towards him.

"ISN'T THREE MONTHS ENOUGH FOR YOU TO DECIDE....EH?" She roared into his face.

Andre was unfazed.

"The man decides to propose to the woman.....when he is ready.The woman shouldn't insist at gun-point when he should do so",he said casually.

"And what if the woman can't wait for when the man is....READY?" Tina asked evenly.

Andre scoffs and says;

"Then maybe she should be with someone else that wants to get married in her TIME FRAME"

Tina paused.

She stared at Andre in shock.

"Are you telling me to leave the relationship...because you are not ready for marriage?" she asked, pointing a finger at him.

"I'm saying,if your sole reason for being in a relationship is to get married,then you shouldn't be in a relationship." Andre said in a small voice as he took another drag from his cigarette.

Tina looked like she'd just been slapped.

"So marriage is not important to you,?....we should just  be  dating Indefinitely???" She asked

Marriage is important to me.....but compatibility, respect, peace of mind, security and love are more important to me,...they need to be established first" He said raising his voice slightly.

"People...." He continued
".......who get into a relationship for the sake of marriage, most times overlook these things...and then end up in an unhappy wedlock,...I don't want that for myself."Andre said finally as he flicked away his cigarette.

Tina glared at him in silence.Then went;

"Mtcheeeeew!I have told you what I have to say, so think about it and make up your mind”.With that,  She picked up her bag, and walked out of the house.

Andre watched her leave, and lit another cigarette. He was used to Tina’s drama. He wondered what this one was about though. Tina had never struck him as the kind of girl that was in a haste to get married, until today that is.

They enjoyed their relationship as it has always been fun fun fun. Sure they would get married, he had already decided he would propose in the next four months or so.

Now she was demanding a ring, out of the blue? She must have smoked some really expensive stuff.

He was now having second thoughts about their relationship.
In a relationship,what a woman 'claims' she feels for you can't be trusted if ALL she wants at the end of the day is marriage.
 He thought to himself.



As Tina stormed out of the house, her thoughts were on her friend Sara.
So Sara will marry before me? the thought frightened her.They were best friends Yes,But she didn't want to be single on the day of  Sara's wedding.

The thought of Andre made her want to puke.
For three months he hadn't said anything about marriage. Now her best friend was getting married and he was "speaking English" for her. Mtcheeeew!
Then she had an idea.




SARA wondered what the urgency was about. She had received a text from Biodun, asking her to be at his office ASAP. The text struck her as odd.
She hoped nothing was amiss.
When the door opened, she noticed  Tina was seated in Biodun's office.
Odd.
Sara thought.
She wondered what they were up to.

Tina was shocked to see Sara walk into the office.She wondered what sort of  coincidence this was.

Biodun stood up, and gave Sara a hug. They looked good together, Tina thought.
She always felt  a pang of jealousy whenever she saw them together.

Sara sat down, and looked up at Biodun expectantly.
Biodun stared at both women, and smiled.

After a long silence, he cleared his throat and said. “Baby I want you to listen to me, very carefully. .....Tina came into my office, and told me certain things......”

Tina couldn't believe her ears. She felt Sara’s eyes on her, and immediately knew that she had just made a very terrible mistake. She had thought that by telling Biodun Sara's "secret", he would rethink the whole engagement. She never anticipated this...

“Tina,...." Biodun continued
" ......I want you to know that Sara has  already told me EVERYTHING about her...'secret'...., and I love her in spite of all of that.....I do not know your motives, but I know that my fiancĂ©e deserves a better person than you as a friend. What have you gained in betraying her trust?” Biodun asked.

Tina had tears rolling down her cheeks. She stood up, and walked out of the office in shame. She wondered why she couldn't have been the one to meet such a good man.


As the door closed behind Tina, Sara looked up at Biodun  as if, seeing him for the first time.

 She was feeling a variety of emotions;
 ANGER at her friend who had just betrayed her,
LOVE for the man who had just saved her face and covered up for her,
And SHAME at the secrets just uncovered.

“I am sorry,” she said to him, trying to read his face.
“I wanted to tell you, but she said it was a bad idea. I don’t know what she just told you, but you deserve to know the truth” she continued

Biodun listened as Sara recounted how her life had turned into chaos at the death of her parents. Being sent to Ibadan to live with her Aunt, who starved her most of the time.
Sara was maltreated by her Aunt,and raped severally by her Aunt's husband.
Eventually, Sara got pregnant.
She had an abortion and ran away from Ibadan.
She came back to Lagos,and prostituted herself for years just  to see herself through school.

"It's funny....", Sara added. "I don't recall Tina ever assisting me financially in all that time"


When she finished, her eyes were swollen as she had cried through her tale. Biodun stood up and walked to where she was seated.

“I am sorry to have kept this from you. If you don’t want me anymore, I would understand” she said with a stream of tears in her eyes.

“I meant everything I said to Tina,"he said.
" I love you , and I still want to be with you. But on two conditions” he said

Sara couldn't believe her ears. She looked at him, and saw that the look of love in his eyes had not changed.  “What?????” she asked

“No more secrets” he said

“No more secrets, I promise” she nodded with a sob.

"And no more 'Tina' in your life....she doesn't deserve to be your friend" he said.

" No More Tina" Sara whispered.She couldn't believe what was happening.

Then they kissed.



Biodun held her close, and Sara breathed a sigh of relief. She was home at last.



LIFE IS A CHOICE MY FRIEND
SO CHOOSE WISELY
ENOUGH SAID.

55 comments:

  1. Frenemies everywhere! I need a Biodun in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wonder why the so-called best friends are the worst. I mean why do people even come up with such wickedness? I'm a victim of a failed friendship that almost cost me my relationship. This is why I don't ever let anyone in on my secrets. ladies in serious relationships, nothing would be a secret if you learned who you're in a relationship with. That way, we'll know how to go about uneasy situations. Sara was over-involved with her bestie that she failed to see the love Biodun has for her... I'm glad Tina and Sara's case will teach some girls a lesson.

      Delete
    2. The lesson is for all, not just girls. Guys have their stories of heavy betrayal too.

      Delete
  2. Wow!! Biodun is a rare Nigerian breed. True love bears all,forgives all and support all. Well done Opus, your blog has become my everyday fix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those of you that are obsessed with friendship, learn from this.
    #OneManMopol any day, any time.
    Sara & Biodun, I love your love. Can I get a wedding invite? Looool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friendship cost me my job, I got another and learnt my lesson.

      Delete
  4. Another "Opuslicious"day.... Loving this blog like my breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good man, one needs to be extremely careful with those we call friends, Opus keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meeeehhnn...dis is fresh love story frm d Oven... Hmmmm, aftr d story, I had to bind every form of Tina in my life ryt now. Got to knw about dis Blog ystaday nd am already addicted to ur stories...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every 'Tina' in my life, I command you to be shot, run off by my car, thrown off a cliff, hung by their toe nails while u watch me dance Shoki with Opus...lol. Tina was really a bad friend. Haba!!! #MeAlone#NoFriends

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! nice one opus...you should think of writing scripts. you are good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Biodun is one model of a man. I'm happy for Sara. good riddance to Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this kind of love real? Unbelievable cos what we see these days ehh. Why can't I experience dis in ma life instead of heartache? Chai! Diaris God ooo

    ReplyDelete
  11. @mumsy, he isn't a rare breed. Some Nigerian men are pure diamond, I have seen and interacted with them. My advice to people, no matter how close you are to someone, don't give them a weapon to harm or destroy you, and always tell your partner the whole truth. Most people can't handle truths, you are better off without such people. We have all made mistakes somewhere along our journey in life, that is why I don't easily judge because I didn't wear the shoes of the person I am judging. I have said too much....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you already with this comment! * wink! From ur surname, R u 'Ngwa'?

      Delete
    2. I am proudly Ngwa. Lol, r you one?

      Delete
    3. Yes o. IsialaNgwa south. Lol

      Delete
    4. Hey Ngwa people have reached Here !!!!yay! I always Feel like Im the only one. From Osisioma though

      Delete
    5. Ndi Ngwa kwenu!!!! Obingwa repping in here as well....

      Opus....I love your blog. ...I read in installments so I have a good read awaiting me!

      Delete
  12. Biodun is a very rare gem to get. I just pray all love will be so understanding like dt. Tina is everywhere, be watchful of ppl u call ur friends bc most of dem re d one dt will ruin u.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice 1 Opus,i love dis,my kinda right up,..always hv ur friends bck..don't hate...

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fake friends everywhere. Becareful of frenemies.

    Pamscrib.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow..good read as always.
    I cast and bind evry tina in my life.and i sure do need a biodun to bombard me.......amen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Buh com 2 think of it, if Tina hadn't revealed d secret n Biodun gt to knw aftr wedding...I dnt think his reaction wud be d same...So, keepin secrets is bad 4 rltnship...Enuf said! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Biodun is evry lady's kind of man. If he wsnt a. Good guy nw, he wud have just called Off the reelationship and Sarah will be wondering what happened. Beware of who you share your secrets with.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I luv what Biodun did instantly Tina told her story,He sent a msg to Sara to cum c him A.S.A.P. That was an open confrontation to determine if it was just lies. Some guys would here stuff about there boos,they bottle up and relate to the poor ladies,based on what they were told. I have a lot of Acquitances but few friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. ..He acted well

      Delete
  20. Men like Biodun are as scarce as unicorns. And friends like Tina are as many as sand on the beach. There's One like her in every clique. Reasons why I'm a Lone wolf when it comes to female Friends. I can't deal abeg!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, I like the turnout. Biodun could have dumped Sara & go for Tina which is what many men would have done in real life. I like this love story. Tina's betrayal, hmmmm, na so oo. Betrayals (so called friends) dey everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  22. People really don't know the meaning of the word 'secret'. Its meant for only you and yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The story is okay! But something is missing, there's no intrigue, it got to a point I was expecting more then it was cut short and ended! That vibe wasn't there like oda stories he wrote! It's not suspense! Captivated ur audience but dnt dash their hopes.

    ReplyDelete
  24. In life the best friends knows us in and out and most times are used by the Devil. Blackmail,back stabbers, Jealousy are the few. Not because they hate U so bad, but that's the way the story goes.we still have some good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hmm.. many r betrayed by the people they call friends.. #LifeLessons

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome!

    #1opusstory1happyday

    ReplyDelete
  27. nice story Opus. love your blog, already glued to it. your story is lesson learnt to many.
    heep up with the good work.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ummm Opus, when are you going to update us on Amaka???

    ReplyDelete
  29. Evil tina*God please kill any tina before they locate me Amen

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow. This is a lovely read. True love!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes...there r men like that...I have seen one atleast....as for the "Tina's",, I've met my fair share too......which is y I "waka" alone.....abeg I no fit shout

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hmm!!!!Secrets!!!...remembered d day I told my boo mine....I couldn't sleep sometimes cos I was keeping something from him.....felt guilty as hell in his presence.....until d day I could take it no more.... oh boy, I was waiting for d worst to happen.....I was like..."He'lll hate me"...."I'll lose him"...."Atleast if it ends nw, I'll recover on time....instead of postponing d evil day".........but lo and behold after my tale I didn't hear what I expected....instead I heard..." Babe I already knew. I suspected and someone brought it up which confirmed it.....I was just waiting for u to tell me yourself when u r ready...Didn't want things to be awkward with us.....it's not the worst thing that could happen and it's not a big deal....it doesn't hange anything..we're good".........I was speechless and couldn't believe it.........if it was possible to love him more than I already did....I would have done that that night.........maybe OPUS would have written a story about a woman who suffered cardiac arrest or something from loving too much...more than her poor heart could carry......so yes, there r men like that and they r worth everything.........minus my novels and movies that is.#lol

    ReplyDelete
  33. Seriously @ cici I need him more than u do, biodun pls were are thou. God pls let my biodun locate me AMEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ jennyif, no be small let my Biodun locate me, lol! My dear dats my daily prayer ooooo! LWKMD

      Delete
  34. e-hugs msmaris.@,opus good work

    ReplyDelete
  35. Am love struck..... Awwww.. am so in love...

    As per those praying, compass"ing" geography"ing" to locate their biodun, I wish you success,invite us when he or you locate him..lol

    *ticktock

    ReplyDelete
  36. opus are u sure that a real life Biodun exists? served Tina right! i rebuke every spirit of unfriendly friends in my life!!! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nice story. But ladies you blame Tina this Tina that. I don't. I blame Sarah.
    She had saw all the signs and choose to turn a blind eye. Evil communication corrupts good manners. During her University years when Sarah wasn't there for her was all the signs she needed to move on. But she was too just too needy and slightly doesn't deserve Biodun. Love covers multitudes of sins. I remember one case like that......She knew better than to stay friends with someone who encouraged her by silence into prostitution. Ladies now that's the unspoken punch line in that story, Tina wasn't suddenly evil, she had always been, but Sarah had always been too needy to make tough decision.

    ReplyDelete
  38. yea u r right Ben. Tina has always been Tina but sara chose to b immune to all that. she has herself to blame as well but thank God for Biodun who made it so easy for her if not that Tina s stunt woukd have made sara loose a very good man.

    ReplyDelete
  39. @ olleny u no go understand lol,@ maya I pray this ur love stand d test of tym and I wish u well dear
    Abeg send our own ashebi when d tym comz wink

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great love story. I pray God gives us(men) the strength to be the man people like Sara can be proud of like Biodun

    ReplyDelete
  41. In as much as its not good to have secrets between each oda but believe u me...it depends on d kinda guy. Most guys can't handle it n dey end up using it to judge u n it will never end well.
    Ma advice: make sure ur guy is d type dat can handle d truth wen told or u end up loosing him as I did bcos I tot *it was d best thing to do"

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...