Friday 6 March 2015

THE ABUSER pt 2

So much blood......His body lay twitching on the floor.I watched the knocked over bowl of egusi soup mixing with the dark crimson fluid that oozed out of Kenneth's opened mouth.

I couldn't believe how easy it had been.
'Heat up the soup and pour in the  small box  of broken razor blades.Serve the food, then stand and watch him die'.
I must admit, after years of "beatings" I honestly didn't think  I could go through with this.

Over the years, Kenneth had broken my ribs,dislocated my shoulder,broken my nose and Sexually Abused me more times than I can remember.
For months I had contemplated suicide, being trapped in this house with no one to talk to. not knowing when HE was going to return and not knowing WHAT he was going to do.It was a terrifying way to live.I didn't know if I had the strength to go on until  I'd spoken to Kingsley.
The truth is,Kenneth never knew that the contact saved as "Electrician" on my phone was actually his brother's number.



After weeks of secret calls, Kingsley finally confessed to me that for years he had hated Kenneth.He told me how he and Kenneth had watched the brutal abuse of their birth Mother.He told me how at some point, Kenneth seemed to be enjoying it as their father would beat their mother over and over again.
He said at one point their mum simply ran away.They later learnt that she'd taken her own life.
Kingsley was deeply pained by this, though Kenneth and their father never really seemed to care.
"she brought it on herself" their father told them one day.There was no regret nor remorse in his eyes as he said those words.
As for Kenneth,he was his father's son.He believed in their father like some devout disciple.

Kingsley told  me how he had poured a box of broken razor blades into their father's vegetable soup.He had watched the man choke and bleed to death in his bedroom.It was the happiest moment in his life he told me.
He said he watched their dad struggle to his feet and fall to the floor as blood exploded from his mouth.In the course of the struggle, their father had knocked over a lit candle by the bed(their neighborhood hardly ever had electricity in those days).And that's what started the fire,.

Even at the tender age of  Thirteen, Kingsley felt unusually calm as he casually turned around and locked his bleeding father in his room.The fire did the rest. In seconds the entire house was engulfed by the flames.
They lived in a very secluded part of town.Hence, their nearest neighbor  was at least Twenty-Minutes away.
Kingsley simply ran out of the house and watched it burn.It took about Thirty minutes for the first of their neighbors to arrive with buckets of water. By then, the house was a LARGE FLAMING TORCH on the road.
The police ruled it as an accident. Their father's room keys were never found.Kingsley made certain of that.He had dumped them in a gutter far away from the house.
The police never suspected and the case was closed.

After I had heard this chilling confession,a very dark thought began to develop in my mind. Kingsley hadn't just told me because he felt like talking.He wanted me to do something about my situation.
As twisted as this sounds, I felt closer to him at that moment than I had been to anyone in my life.

After gathering as many razor blades as  I could find, I had put them in a small box inside the kitchen cabinet.
I honestly wasn't going to do anything.It just felt good knowing that I could.

But after he had hit me again that night, the darkness inside me took over.I went into the kitchen while he was taking his bath, heated up some egusi soup and with out thinking, emptied the contents of the box into the soup.
I honestly didn't think it would work.

But as I stood there,staring at Kenneth's lifeless body I knew I had made the right decision.

After staring at his body for another minute or so,I went back into the kitchen,lit three candles,turned up the Stove and excited the house from the back door.
Even as I walked away the smell of gas was fast filling the air.

It's funny how history repeats itself, I thought.Like his father, Kenneth had chosen a secluded town to live in. Our closest neighbor was at least Fifteen to Twenty Minutes away.
I giggled at the Poetic Justice of this.
Then I heard the explosion.

It wasn't Earth-Shattering like in the movies or something. But a quick glance over my shoulder told me it was adequate.
The hungry flames were eating at what once used to be my home.
I turned away and continued walking.

I walked for about another five minutes as the smell of burning wood filled the cold night air.Then I took out my phone, and scrolled down to the "Electrician"

When Kingsley said "hello?"  I simply said,
"There was a gas explosion in the house, I managed to make it out but Kenneth is still inside.....what should I do?" It amazed me how calm I felt as I spoke these words.I honestly felt nothing.

After a brief silence on the other end Kingsley simply said;
"Let it burn.....you're free"
Then he hung up.

I smiled and put the phone back in my pocket.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and repeated the words;

"...you're free!!"

THE END


LIFE IS A CHOICE MY FRIEND
SO CHOOSE WISELY
ENOUGH SAID




45 comments:

  1. Wow hv been waiting since yesterday for a new story n d wait was worth it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The things some men will frustrate u into doing tho

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never play with a woman who cooks for you, that could be suicidal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been waiting for your stories.some men actually do this to their wives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I KNEW it! I can now read you, Opus. Lol *Just Kidding*
    You're free, Ify.
    Burrrrrrnnnnn Kenneth. Rot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only my Ex will read this...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you opus. You so unique I'm here to stay. Amazing blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. kikikikiki.jungle justice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm there's evil in this world! When you read abt domestic violence in marriage! It scares the hell outta a person! One becomes scaared of marriage. Pls lord give me a man that loves me, understands me, treat. Me like a queen and shuns violence. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's no better air than that of freedom after leaving bondage

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okokoko!!! I don't know who is crazier, Kenneth or Kingsley? One thing is clear they are/were damaged goods and now Ify has joined their number. I pity Catherine o... her husband is 'sanely' insane.

    Chai!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okokoko!!! I don't know who is crazier, Kenneth or Kingsley? One thing is clear they are/were damaged goods and now Ify has joined their number. I pity Catherine o... her husband is 'sanely' insane.

    Chai!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am I twisted? Why do I love the way this story ended? Yepa!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Am I twisted? Why do I love the way this story ended? Yepa!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful ending. Although I would have preferred it if he had been burned alive. But I'm immensely glad he got to see the look of smug happiness on her face before his rotten soul went to meet Satan in hell!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm re u sure u re free? Not everybody can live with murder. I still maintained, killing him wasn't d best option, but divorce. Murder is too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seriously,sum stuff I read here and what I av experienced in life scares d hell out of me when it comes to the Issue of marriage. Though,sum women could be nasty but a man doesn't av to beat his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Miming Usher's song
    " When your feeling ain't the same and your body don't want to
    But you know gotta let it go
    'Cuz the party ain't jumpin' like it used to
    Even though this might ruin you
    Let it burn
    Let it burn
    Gotta let it burn
    Kikikikiki ------ laughing in Swahili, don't I just love the way the cookie crumbles?

    *ticktock

    ReplyDelete
  19. Miming Usher's song
    " When your feeling ain't the same and your body don't want to
    But you know gotta let it go
    'Cuz the party ain't jumpin' like it used to
    Even though this might ruin you
    Let it burn
    Let it burn
    Gotta let it burn
    Kikikikiki ------ laughing in Swahili, don't I just love the way the cookie crumbles?

    *ticktock

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can imagine the kind of joy Ify felt whilst walking away. She will definitely sleep well for the first time in years without fear of the demon she called husband. Opus kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, I guess it's a perfect world after all. Adequate ending.

    ReplyDelete
  22. pple can push u to do tins ordinarily u wont do. that is the case here.

    pamscrib.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is very scary when u read about the abuse people go through in marriages to get married would scare d shit out of u

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hell has no fury like a woman scorned!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooooops...am happy....Nice ending.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooooops...am happy....Nice ending.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really dunno what to say! Was he worth the guilt she'll carry for the rest of her life?

    ReplyDelete
  28. It shouldn't have end like dis but rather have him suffer bit by bit.no b person wey get leg and hand go fit beat by then he will beg for death by himself

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooh God.....I'm inspired by ur write up....tnx

    ReplyDelete
  30. He didn't suffer...she should have tied him up...and cut his fingers off one after d other....whilst giving him first aid so he doesn't die due to blood loss.....and some other nasty things till he begs for death....then being an obedient wife...she'd serve it to him on a platter.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice story.

    ReplyDelete
  32. My best story so far! Please The Morning After needs a part deux!

    ReplyDelete
  33. She is free indeed! No sorry for abuser Kenneth .

    ReplyDelete
  34. let it burn...let it burn...lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...