Thursday 8 October 2015

THE MAZE 2


Fred walked down the road leading to his uncle’s house sweating profusely. His sister had tried to discourage him from making this unsolicited visit, but he had refused to heed her warning. He was determined to make something out of this visit, and he said a silent prayer.



He got to the gates of his uncle’s mansion, and as always, he couldn’t believe the owner of this breathtaking structure was related to him in any way. He moved to the screen by the gate, and pressed the buzzer. The face of the security officer came up.
“What do you want?” the man asked without a smile.
“I am here to see my uncle” Fred replied.
“He is not expecting you”
“But I need to see him. It is urgent family business.”
“Hold on” with that, the man disappeared from the screen. Fred waited by the buzzer for about three minutes before the gates opened slowly. He walked in.

His uncle was standing by his fountain with a couple of men when Fred approached them, they stopped talking and concentrated on him.
“Good day sirs” Fred greeted the men and his uncle.
They replied him with various levels of ambiguity, his uncle’s accompanied with a frown and a pat on his bowed head, motioning him to wait in the house.
Fred was skeptical about going into the house, usually his uncle didn’t allow him enter into the main building. So he stood out of sight, and waited by the side of the building.

“This is getting serious….. The daughter of the lioness has not been found, now your daughter? I think this is a calculated move from an enemy” one of the men, whose face looked like a squirrel wearing spectacles said.
“You are right Dennis….. I think so too. I am thinking of pulling my son out of his school, till this mess is sorted out” A fat and stocky one.
Fred strained his ears, to catch their words. He had no idea his cousin was missing. Immediately, he thought about how this could be to his advantage. Maybe his uncle would be open to giving him more money, due to his distress. He doubted it, but  he moved closer.

“There is no need to panic” his uncle said.
“I am sure this is a kidnapping….. Very soon they would make ransom demands” he continued

“Chief Mrs Obunze’s daughter has been missing for three months now. And remember that note that was found. We can’t be too sure” His uncle’s best friend who everyone called Uncle Big said scratching his beard.
“I do not think both incidents are related” his uncle said.
“They certainly are” Squirrel face put in.
Fred had heard of the girl that was missing from Royal Pearls Academy some months ago. But he never knew his cousin was also missing….. He wondered which of his uncle’s daughters was missing.


.............................................


“Look I am tired…. I want to go back to school” the girl whimpered.
“What? Are you joking? What would happen to all our plans? Silly girl…. You can’t ruin this for us Ok” the man replied angrily.
“Don’t be angry….please….i just…”
“Shut up the man shouted at the girl. The plan continues as arranged…. Do you understand?” the man asked clutching the girl’s throat. She shook her head in fear the he released her, patting down her hair lovingly.
“Very good girl. I know you would make me proud” the man murmured, as the girl leaned into him.



.............................................



Chief Mrs Obunze alias Lioness paced around an exquisitely furnished living room. Her husband was seated quite calmly, on an armchair.
“My daughter cannot be dead….. Heads would roll, blood would flow” she said, turning towards Chief Robard Teke who was seated by her husband.
“Lioness…. I know this might seem like a calculated attempt, but what if it is not related” he said calmly.
“Robard listen to yourself. Your daughter is missing…. It certainly is…. I have no doubt. But my question is: how come no one saw or heard how it took place? How is that possible? I would have my lawyers draw up the necessary papers….. I have been silent long enough….. It’s time that school provides answers…..maybe they would get us the answers when I lock up the school” Lioness said, walking out of the living room, leaving both men deep in their thoughts.





...............................................

Maya sat in the empty classroom, not concentrating on her books. Her thoughts were on the two girls that had been declared missing from her class. Pompous brats… most kids in this school are rich spoilt pompous brats, but those two girls were the icing on the cake.
They didn’t deserve to be gone though. Maya chewed the cover of her pen, and thought of the night she saw a girl creeping out of the hostel, and into the elephant grass. She hadn’t told anybody, and she hoped she didn’t ever have to. Those girls were mean and she knew it. She just needed to stay out of their way. She heaved a sigh, and tried to concentrate on her Ababio,







..................................................




“This was not part of the plan” Fred said, looking at the girl in front of him.
“That’s your business, I am going back to school. So give me the money he gave you” she replied.
“What money? Why would I give you all the money?” Fred responded, looking at her with a straight face, and holding out some money towards her.
“Please give me the money, it is getting late” with that, the girl grabbed the money in his hands, and ran out of the house. Fred stared after her, and shook his head.
Then he sat down, and thought about his visit to his uncle.
“Fred my daughter Samantha is missing…. It has been four days now…. So I don’t have time for whatever scheme you have thought up to get money from me” his uncle had said, when his friends had left.
“I didn’t know uncle…. I am sorry. God would bring her back home. She would be released very soon” Fred had declared.

“Here take this money, I don’t have time for your usual talk today” with that, Chief Teke had thrown a wad of cash towards him, which he had caught neatly. His journey had been a success.







.......................................................


The man sat on his desk, and opened a notebook. There was a list of six names on the front page. He crossed out the third one with his bloodied hand. Then he kept the knife in front of his, as his hands scanned the list for the next play.






to be continued......
.





LIFE IS A CHOICE MY FRIENDS
SO CHOOSE WISELY
ENOUGH SAID


#iReadopustjkwrites

24 comments:

  1. Okay. Now I'm confused. A maze indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol
    When I read "face like a squirrel's", I knew Ivy wrote this. Lmao
    Funny & Mystical

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Let's sit back and see where this leads. OpusIvy don't mess with our brains. Click on my profile and have a look

      Delete
  4. Nice write up....Ahhhhhh! Osei Yaw Ababio (I hope I didn't misspell that), I remember my days in the boarding school and how we jacked that chemistry textbook, modern biology and what's that physics textbook name again?...ummmmmm. Will remember though, a maze where the missing people are willing participants, tori dey this thing wella!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to go back to the Maze so that to remember the story line once again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am officially lost in dis story. Is Fred d one kidnapping d gals?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sherlock Holmes thinking hat is on..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, it's really sherlock Holmes. Miss that movie badly

      Delete
  8. Getting complicated and as usual SUSPENSE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's the father(i.e if truly he's d father) that is behind the whole thing jare just to get money from the Chief Mrs #MyThoughtThough

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this got me confused...MAZE indeed

    ReplyDelete
  11. still fogged......ll just wait for the next episode...,

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...