Monday 28 September 2015

MR AND MRS


Lily lay silently on her bed.

She didn’t move when Felix walked in. Maybe she either didn't notice, or she didn’t care.

He stood at the doorway, wondering what could be eating his wife up. She had been acting strange since he came back from work.

That time of the month,maybe.

“Cherie” he said in a soft tone.She turned her face towards him.

“What's the matter?” he asked. He moved to sit on the bed.He placed his hand on her feet.

“There's no problem”.

 She withdrew her feet from his palm.

Silence.

He sighed and sat still beside her.



“Amanda, you're being a b**ch!!!” Pere yelled at her friend.Amanda was reclined on a chair, sipping a bloody mary.

“ I really don’t have time for your s**t. Things are already in motion.Save your crap for someone who gives a f**k” Amanda replied.

Silence.

“Why now? After all these years?” Pere asked.

“Because I want it so… please, I'm here for some fresh air and fun. So please lets just drop it”







“I cannot afford a scandal so close to my re-election”  Felix told his wife two weeks later.

“I know, but this is for the best. Please” Lilian replied.

“For the best? You want to walk out on our marriage, and you say its for the best? What have you been smoking? You haven't given me any reason for this…. Have I not been a good husband? I thought we are happy? Lilian don’t do this is us. Please”

Felix dropped to the couch, where Lilian was seated with tears rolling down her eyes. She cradled her husband, rubbing his head.

“You are the best husband in the world. Life with you, has been a dream and I am sorry it has to end like this. It is not something you did, it is something I did”

“There's someone else?” Felix asked, raising his head.




Amanda hung up the phone with a smile.

“At last, I am going to have Felix all to myself” she declared to the chagrin of Pere.

“Felix is no longer the boy you used to know. He would no longer be interested in you” Pere said.

“I and Felix are two of a kind. You know the chemistry between us. We were never able to keep our hands off each other. We pledged ourselves to each other”

“That was before he got married” Pere replied.
“Wait and see” Amanda responded.



Felix sat in the living room, wondering how he was going to get used to the quietness. Lilian and the kids had moved out two days before.He couldn't come to terms with the fact that his marriage was over.

His phone rang.He let it ring a few more times,before he picked.and he picked.

“Talk to me”  he said and listened for a few minutes and hung up.



“Mandy please….I love my husband… we have kids, you are destroying our lives….I beg you”

 Lilian cried from the floor where she knelt.

Mandy smiled and took a sip from a mug in her hands.

“Those kids ought to be mine.. you stole my man… you stole my life. I am back, and I am taking what is rightfully mine…Just go far away, that is the only option you have. If not, you know the consequences. He would hate you forever, and he would still be mine anyway.”

“Why are  you doing this? You were my friend”

“Nobody stands in my way Lily…you know that better than any. Just as you know that Felix must never find out…..”

“Felix must never find out what?” Felix asked, entering the room to the visible alarm of both women.

“Hello darling” Mandy said, recovering first from the shock. Felix walked past her, and picked Lily up from the ground. She hugged him, sobbing relentlessly.

“Is this any way to welcome the love of your heart after eight years?” Amanda asked.

“Cut the crap Amanda, and tell me what's going on here” Felix said soothing his wife.

“Why don’t you ask your wife? Lilian, tell your husband what's happening here”

Long silence.

“Baby what's wrong? Whatever it is, we can fix it” Felix said. Lilian and Amanda burst into hysterical laughter.

“No Felix…..this is one thing you would never be able to fix”

Felix glared at Amanda had a curious expression on his face.

“Felix… she is right. I am sorry….” Lilian began but Amanda cut her off.

“O please, this is not time to play saintly wife, we both know you are far from it…. Felix honey, Lilian here is the one who killed your mother fifteen years ago”

Lilian fell to the floor with deep sobs racking her body. Felix looked befuddled from one woman to another.

 Then he started laughing.

Lilian raised her head looking at her husband.

Had he lost his sanity?

“Is that it Amanda? You decided to tear my family apart and this is all you have?” He picked his wife up from the floor once more.

“I am sorry Felix…. I didn’t know who she was…. I was drunk and next thing I knew I went over what seemed like a really large speed bump but when I came back and looked it was a woman…..dead…I freaked out” Lilian said. The look on her face was that of one reliving a nightmare.

“Shh” Felix held her close to his chest.

“Felix are you hearing a word of what we are saying? This is your mother’s killer….after all these years, now you know…are you not going to do anything about it?” Amanda asked angrily.

“Amanda… My wife is more precious to me than my mother ever was. Baby even if you had been the one to kill my mother, I would still forgive you.”

“I DID…I KILLED HER “ Lilian screamed desperately.

“Why did you allow yourself fall for her cheap blackmail? Why didn’t you trust me enough to confide I me? Lilian….?”

Lilian was speechless.

“You didn’t kill my mother. My mother committed suicide. She left a note and overdosed on her meds… she was already dead when you ran across her body. We kept that in the family, it would have been a great scandal so we let the public believe it was really a hit and run”

The tension in the air was palpable, and Lilian breathed a sigh of relief.

‘All these years….” She held Felix close.

Felix looked at Amanda and with a smile and said,

“This is the love of my heart, if you ever try to compromise my family again......I will kill you."

Long silence.

"Lilian let's go home”he said.

The pair left Amanda red faced, starring after them.


LIFE IS A CHOICE
SO CHOOSE WISELY
ENOUGH SAID


Ivy Brown






28 comments:

  1. Oh d look on amada's face must b priceless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every Amanda that will/has cross my life by error must die by correction in Jesus name amen.

      Delete
  2. Every spirit of Amanda around me and mine, fall and die! Her own friend? Well, she'll probably die of shame anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolz. Amen oo.
      Very crazy lady, Amanda.

      pamscrib.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Hey Pam, how you doing? *in wendy's voice*

      Delete
    3. Amin Jesu!

      Evil friends abound

      Delete
    4. Thumbs up, Pere.
      You did well.

      Delete
  3. Well come back from a long holiday! I hope all enjoyed the break?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Did I miss the kiss?....pam?...chris?.....All spirit of amanda loitering over my happiness, I ga adakwanu

      Delete
  5. Hahahaha. Thunder fire Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping secrets will hurt you at the long run....there are things we won't ever know unless we open up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All this home breakers everywhere hian!May God help us oo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In other words, shame to bad people!
    This is the reason i always fear my friends cause they are always with me,but i like my enemies cause they don't near me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Takes God's grace/true love for a spouse not to leave after learning of a secret about the other. Always be straight with your partner especially if it's leading towards marriage. Be patient, learn the facts before deciding. To all Amandas (home breakers),...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every Amanda in my life die by fire in jesus name! Amen. From d story I mean o.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehehehehe, I will give anything to see Amanda's face. Felix, I love u more than Lilian. Keep standing up for her

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every Amanda die by fire!!!!! Chai the reason why I don't have friends. Worse than Ebola I tell you...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Which kain wicked friend be that one? Thank God she lost in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome, is all I can say

    ReplyDelete
  15. Years back a friend of mine called Amanda but I called her "Mandy"...I caught her and my ex in bed...I think there is something about Amandas..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really nice, first time commentn buh av been an ardent reader

    ReplyDelete
  17. Every Amanda, dde by fire!!
    Every Amanda,receive spiritual koboko!!
    Every Amanda trying to steal my joy,May madness without cure befall u.

    Disclaimer :i'm prayin against the character in the story.Apologies to any female bearing Amanda here.*winks*

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...