Saturday 19 September 2015

JANE DOE

The night is scared of me,...and I think I know why.

All the Vermin came out like cockroaches after the lights went out.

I heard the city around me.It was a  symphony of Rock Music,Bad traffic and loud voices.

My alley was an accumulated filth of bodily fluids and stinking feaces.

My bed was a couple of newspapers spread across the hard cold ground of the alley.It wasn't the Four Seasons,but it was a place to rest my head.

I closed my eyes.But sleep was a seasoned Prostitute who never came no matter how hard I tried.





A large rat ran past my foot,Scurrying off into the darkness around me.Like the rest of the vermin,he was looking for easy prey.

"Well,well well...."Came the coarse voice of a man.

I brushed the layers of sleep from my eyes and pretended not to hear.

I could detect the scent of whiskey in the air.

There were three of them,and they were all armed.

 One  carried an old pistol lodged in his pants.The another  had a Two-By-Four Plank in his hand.

How I had managed to discern all this without seeing them,I had no f**king clue.

It was one of the many puzzling things I had come to learn about myself in the past three days.

"What do we have here?"The third man was saying.

He had a bottle in his hand.

I could hear the excitement in their heartbeats as they came closer.

They were men of violence.The dark predators of the night who like the rat, preyed on the weak.

They would not be reasoned with.They would not show compassion.They were out for blood.

I rose to my feet,and turned around slowly.

The alley was dark.But not so dark that they couldn't see my face.

The man with the bottle,who I presumed to be the leader  of the predators gasped when he saw my face.

"A woman....!!!"He said delightfully.

He closed in.

The alley was small,barely wide enough to accommodate three people at a time.They knew they had me cornered,they knew they had me trapped.

So they took their time.

"Are you homeless sweetie?"he said with a sneer."Don't you know it's dangerous to be out by yourself this late?"

I said nothing.

The street behind them was bustling with car horns and the stench of indifference.

No one would hear me if screamed,or give a f**k if I called for help.

"Tell you what"He said,with a grin.His teeth were the colour of urine and his breath was like garlic and stale wine.

He reached into the pocket of his jeans and brought out a shiny coin.

It seemed like the only pure thing in the stinking alley.

"I'll flip this coin real high,"He said."....heads,we f**k you bloody....tails,we beat you to death after we f**k you bloody"

The men chuckled.

I could almost feel the heat of their lust in the air.It was potent,like the taste of bile in your mouth.
The men continued to laugh.
I waited for the coin to be airborne,then I moved.

I grabbed him and broke his arm in three places then bashed his face into a wall.His head was an explosion of bloodied skull fragments and brain matter. The man with the Plank opened his mouth to scream but my fist rammed into his chest,shattering every bone in his ribcage.The third man reached for his gun and managed to fire off a shot,I felt a warm sensation in my left palm before I  tore his throat out,unleashing a spray of blood into the air.

His body collapsed,just as I heard the coin hit the ground.

Long silence.

No one came,no one screamed...and nothing stirred.
I stood over the Corpses of the men in silence.There was still a warm sensation in my hand.I opened my palm to find a smoking mangled bullet against my unbroken skin.

I stared at it for a few seconds,then I let it fall to the ground.
I don't know how I can do these things,and I don't know why.


Three days ago,I woke up in a dumpster with no a name nor memory.
All I know, is that I could see in the dark,catch bullets,hear the impossible...and kill with ease.

Nothing else.
Nothing to explain why human bones snapped like twigs when I hit them.
The rat returned, his nose sniffed at the air above the bodies.An All-You-Can-Eat buffet lay before him.

Made sense,I guess.I thought to myself.Vermin eating vermin.
Was I vermin too?I asked myself.Was I no different from these men or the rat that devoured their flesh?

It started to rain.
Violent lightening streaks preceded the roar of thunder.
And the heavens swept.
I turned away from the alley,and pulled the hood over my head.
As I stepped into the street,I wondered what my purpose was and I wondered why I couldn't remember.

Sooner or later,I will find out.
The night is scared of me,...and I think I know why






LIFE IS A CHOICE MY FRIENDS
SO CHOOSE WISELY
ENOUGH SAID




#iReadopustjkwrites


45 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes it's Ivy no doubt. Keep it up

      I love Opus

      Delete
    2. Queen reign be disappearing and reappearing.

      Delete
    3. Jennyif na work, I really miss this blog...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I think I'm going to enjoy this.....sweet bashing of heads

      Delete
  3. Oh goodie! I've actually pictured a face to the superwoman. Waiting for the next....

    ReplyDelete
  4. first time reader here.....Nice piece

    ReplyDelete
  5. first time reader here.....Nice piece

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super! The Night Avenger. I like, I likeni like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gonna love this. I can feel it deep within.

    pamscrib.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chill Pam.
      You think this is a series?
      Lol

      Delete
    2. Me I love it jor...
      And yet none of you missed me, ok o

      Delete
    3. Lol @ Hawt Mrs.
      Amariee, how na? Where have you been?

      Delete
  8. Opus this is more like you......thriller it is! Am sure she is very preety killer and perhaps been bitten by a fellow Vernim and now with a lost memory, not knowing who she was and who she is! Can hardly wait for this story to unfold!!!!! Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely lovely lovely. Just like a movie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. First episode and I am hooked. I wan happy die! Lmao

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it...I love it, dayuummm
    Am back, who missed me??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sincerely but silently missed you big time dear, well come back! But don't go on a French leave again!

      Delete
  12. Oh wow! I like me some "Nikita-ish" babe.Refreshing begins for the next episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chai, Opusivy you have come again.
    *a seasoned prostitute who never came no matter how hard you tried*
    This line got me reeling with laughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iyke I can bet an arm this is ivy and not opus she is all shade of creepiness and a champ in this line. Ivy I hail thee. (Opus dey learn work for this kind tin wer u dey)

      Delete
    2. jennyif we are right,that is why i call them Opus-ivy!
      *magnesium dioxide* in Stella's voice!

      Delete
  14. Those moments when pple catch bullets!!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super humans be emerging by year 2050!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am already in love with the story! This's def another series. God bless your knuckles.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super short and perfect.
    #IReadOpusTJKWrites
    #IMissOlukwu

    ReplyDelete
  18. I miss olokwu..... Ekwa..
    I miss amaka... I laugh in swahili
    I miss pastor bosco
    Please opus give me closure on these characters

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...