Thursday 16 July 2015

THE DEBT

Chike stared into the photograph with a smile on his face.

"You guys look so good together"He said still staring at the picture.

"The Photographer was fantastic."came Edidiong's voice from the kitchen.

Felix rolled his eyes and whispered,
"The idiot kept on staring at her cleavage like some lustful beast with a hard on the size of Jurassic world.Dude was supposed to be a professional for Christ sakes"

"I heard that"Edidiong said returning to the living room with their drinks.

Chike chuckled as she placed the tray on the stool between him and Felix.

"...Don't mind your friend jor,...."She said to Felix as he rolled his eyes again.



".....Just because it was our honey moon didn't mean guys weren't going to check me out.Besides,what about the hot chick that was checking him out at the golf course the other day?She smiled as she placed a kiss on her husband's forehead.

Long pause as Chike stared at the two of them in silence.

There was a loving smile on his face.

"What?"Edidiong asked still smiling.

"It's just amazing.That's all....."Chike began
Edidiong casually sat on the arm of Felix's chair.

"....I mean,just over a month ago,you were engaged and now you guys are man and wife.Now we're sitting inside your new luxury apartment.....I mean,how does it feel....?whats the secret of this success story?"

"Felix and Edidiong exchanged a warm gaze.

"Well,....."Edidiong began as she leaned forward.

"...It's kinda just the same....only that now,there's the excitement of what our lives together will be like....."

Edidiong giggled as she stared at her husband again.

All the affection in the universe seemed to pass between them in that moment.

".....but I know I made the right choice.He's handsome,successful and loves me like no other man has...."

Felix gave Chike a secret wink.

".....we're best friends and I love him...."

Edidiong playfully covered her mouth and said,
"....the fact that he was recently awarded a Multimillion dollar contract might have helped.....I mean,just look at the wedding pictures and tell me that wasn't a celebrity event"

At this,Felix ran his fingers through her sides causing his wife to screech with delight as she jumped to her feet.

Chike laughed at the newly wed couple as they giggled at each other.

Love is sweet.He thought.

It must be.

"So....Chike,what's your story?....I know you and my husband have only been friends for a few months,but don't you want to get married? Should I hook you up with someone?....all this money you have that you don't want to spend.Nawa o!!"Edidiong said feigning a frown.

"Ha!!!"Chike exclaimed as he threw his hands in the air.

"....Biko,Women Una wahala too much abeg....Finding a wife is kinda like searching for the perfect applicant to fill a job vacancy......lets just say right now I aint hiring."He said with a shrug.

Long pause.

"Well,... when you're  ready,lemme know...got some friends you might like....but they're good girls oh!"She said pulling at an earlobe.

"Hook him up with Ngozi...."Felix cut in.

"She has a fat a**"Felix silently mouths at Chike.

Edidiong sees the gesture and playfully punches him on the chest.

"...Behave....I'll leave you guys to discuss your 'guy stuff'.....see you later Chike"She said as she walked out of the living room.

Felix takes a seat next to Chike on the couch.

Long Silence.

Chike's stare suddenly seemed dark.

"So where's my money?"He said in  a not so friendly tone .

Felix shifted uncomfortably in his seat.His eyes wondered all over the room as if seeing it for the first time.

"We just got back from our honey-moon Chike...."Felix began awkwardly in a small voice.

"....Ten million Naira is a lot of money to...."

"....You should've thought of that before you asked for a loan to finance your wedding."Chike said simply.

"Keep your voice down"Felix whispered as he nervously looked over his shoulder.

There was fear in his eyes.

"...You obviously had  an expensive wedding,if the elaborate decor and long list of celebrity performances is any thing to go by....."

"Chike,listen all I'm saying is...."

"...and let's not forget the Honey-Moon in the Bahamas...."Chike was saying as if Felix hadn't even spoken.

Felix's nervousness was rising as he clearly didn't want his wife to hear them.

"....So lemme get this straight,you told
her you were awarded a multi-million Dollar deal?.....you didn't tell her  that the term 'Church Rat' doesn't even begin to describe your wretched financial situation....?"Chike Chuckled.

"I can get  your money....."

"....lets be honest Felix,I don't like you.....I really don't. We're not friends and I only gave you that loan as a favour to your cousin.But even my kindness has limits....I need my money."
There was a dangerous edge to his tone.

Long silence.

Chike's stare was steady and cold like a reptile's.

"Please Chike,....."

"..you have two weeks to come up with my money."

Felix suddenly rose to his feet.There was a look of defiance in his eyes like a man who wouldn't be pushed around.

"You wont come into my house and threaten me....."

But his words were cut short when Chike Casually brought out a pistol from inside his jacket.

"Oh s**t!"Felix exclaimed nearly jumping out of his sKin.

"Do you know what I do for a living?"Chike began softly.

Felix swallowed a small lump in his throat.

".....Joel said you....run with...a bad crowd"Felix managed as his eyes focused on the nuzzle of the gun.

Chike chuckled again.

It was a weird sound inside the stillness of the living room.

"...'bad crowd?'..is that what he called it?"It was Chike's turn to rise to his feet.

He did so slowly.As if he had all the time in the world.

"...well,...I'm an Arms Dealer.Which means I DO run with a bad crowd.I have some of the most dangerous motherf**kers on speed dial.You see,I'm good at what I do.And my associates love me.Infact they love me so much, this one time some guy owed me money and wouldnt pay,four of my 'associates'went over to his house,broke both his arms,while the other three took turns with his wife..."

Felix was trembling.His thoughts went to his wife.

Just stay upstairs,Edi.Just stay upstairs.He prayed in his heart as Chike continued talking.

"....I heard she screamed for a long time. Funny thing is,before they were done,the money miraculously appeared.....do you see where I'm going with this?"

"......Please Chike...I just need some more time...."

"...You know,I don't really care if your wife believes you own an Oil Well.Or if your unemployed broke a** blew the entire ten million naira loan on the wedding and honeymoon......all I want is my money back....with interest.In hindsight maybe I shouldn't have given you the money.I learned later that you have a reputation of not paying your debts .But whats done  done.I'm a businessman"

"Chike Please...."

"...Edidiong is a beautiful woman...I'd hate to see  my boys do a number on her...........You've got rwo weeks to come up with the money or ......."

Chike's words were cut short as the back of his head was struck by one of Felix's olf clubs.

The brutality of the blow was such that the impact unleashed a sickening crunching sound.

Chike fell to the ground crashing into the stool sending the bottles and glasses shattering across the marble floor.

Edidiong stood over the fallen man, still gripping the golf club.

Long Silence,as Felix stared at his wife in horror.

"WHAT THE F**K???"Felix screamed.

"Not one word from you......"Edidiong snapped waving the Golf Club threateningly at her husband.

A dark pool of blood was slowly spreading around Chike's motionless head.

Felix's expression was a combination four adjectives,
Stunned,Traumatized,Shocked,and Terrified.

"Do you think I actually believed your bulls**t story about the Multi-Million Dollar Contract?"

Long pause.

"You...you knew....?"

"Of course I did....well I didn't exactly know where you got the money from,but I knew you were lying"She said as she casually examined Chike's body.

Felix's whole body was trembling.

"Is...is he....dead?....You killed....?"

"I DID WHAT WAS NECESSARY
..Where were you going to get Ten Million Naira from?....He was going to kill you......I will not be a widow Felix.You may be broke and unemployed but you were smart enough get a loan.....a lot of people might disapprove, but I call that being industrious".Edidiong said bending over Chike's body.

"Jesus!!!"Felix exclaimed placing both hands on his head.

"Quit whining,and help me carry him..."

Felix swallowed a lump in his throat.


"Is..he dead?"


Edidiong threw her husband a playful smile and said,

"If he isn't he will be soon....no one messes with my family."





LIFE IS A CHOICE MY FRIEND
SO CHOOSE WISELY
ENOUGH SAID





                SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Would you like to be a hero or a villain? A character in one of my stories... All you have to do is,
follow us on twitter @opustjkwrites
like our facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
subscribe to our bbm channel C004A948B

Then on the channel, you drop a comment telling me what genre you would want to feature in.

Don't forget to share with your friends.



















46 comments:

  1. Haha, opus hv come again o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha the woman is something else...ahah!
      Nma's Blog 

      Delete
    2. For better for worse wifey. Felix you got a bad ass wife. No one messes with her family. I like.

      Delete
  3. The wheels are in motion, this won't end well. Hello nocturnal peeps :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right, Mrs have arrived! 'No one messes with her family', hehehehe... I sorry for all the future side-chicks dem... lmao

    STORIES @ ALIFEDIARY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exact thought that popped into my head. I mean...

      Delete
    2. dat family will indeed not remain the same again.

      Delete
    3. The side chick that will enter this show should come prepared. This lady ain't taking no prisoners.

      Delete
  5. He who finds a wife, finds a good thing... But madam Edidiong if u are such a wonderful wife, why did u allow Felix blow all the 10m in just a wedding? Two stupid people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He borrowed the money without telling her but lied about how he got it. Do u understand now?

      Delete
    2. She knew he was lying from the onset. She knew he never won any contract yet she still allowed him squander it. Read the story again.

      Delete
    3. She knew he was lying from the onset. She knew he never won any contract yet she still allowed him squander it. Read the story again.

      Delete
    4. Some ladies will kill to have that wedding. They don't care if they have to soak Garri after that.

      Delete
  6. *b***hes do be cray* in Sheldon Coopers voice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm see wife don become husband, taking charge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Edidiong!!! What a woman. Felix, you r in for it

    ReplyDelete
  9. *giggles* I love Edidiong already. Family 1st always and forever. Anybody wey do anyhow, go see anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chai! I love dis woman already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He took a loan to get married to a psycho. Oh well, secrets they say, creates a special bond. HML!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm... Strange couple.
    jazzandzara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. A sensible talk. It will clear her eyes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Borrowing to marry de hard to pay. When they come asking, their neat helpless state and face breaks your heart to know that your help is all that is needed to make the event a success. To pay na wahala! It took one four years and three children to pay, the other two are yet to drop a dime, another one is even arguing the figures. Now, I will just give you my contribution and chill (if you want, cancel your wedding). You never hear cut your coat according to your clothe?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice one. Kudos!

    ckjacob.blogspot.com for fiction stories

    ReplyDelete
  16. And he got married to a trap queen. He knows what would happen if he ever gets a side chick.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!!! This is interesting; I like 😘

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...