Saturday 20 February 2016

Trapped 4


"RUN!!" Bossy screamed, but she didn't have to as I was ahead of her. I ran blindly, tripping over roots and stems. I didn't dare look back, to check for either Bossy or the corpse. As I ran, I wondered if it was worth it. Can anyone outrun a corpse? Has anyone had to? How could a corpse be running? What the heck has my life turned into? I ran until I lost all the energy or zeal to run. I fell to the ground, hiding my face on the ground. I wanted to die, but I didn't want to stare death in the face. I stayed there tense, wondering what and how I would feel. Would it be painful? Would she claw at me or give me a bite. It was eerily silent.



But nothing happened. No claws, no bite, no touch, not even Bossy screaming and tripping over me. I raised my head slowly, I had never been so frightened in my life.I looked around, hearing my heart beating. Then I realised why I had heard nothing. Why it was so chillingly quiet. I had run into a trap. Masked creatures stood around me in a semi circle. They bore the forms of men, but had no faces. Some had faces, but had no limbs. I wand to scream, but I couldn't make a sound. I closed me eyes, and opened them. Willing my mind to stop hallucinating.




Then they parted, letting the young girl come closer. She raised her hands to the sky, twirling like a crazed ballet dancer, saying some inaudible words really fast. I willed my body to take action, but I couldn't move a muscle. Then she stopped.

qurban geri salamlayıram . indi biz bayram

Her declaration, whatever it meant made the creatures around excited as they shrieked and howled gyrating to a rythm-less tune that filled the air. I was picked up effortlessly, and thrown in the air by two creature that had the stench of death around them. They caught me, and threw me up again and again. Finally I was dropped in front of a small glass bowl of water. Two old women, walked over and stripped me naked, bathing me with ice cold water from the glass bowl. I still couldn't move.

A white robe was draped on my shoulders, so soft, it was barely there. Meanwhile around us, frenzied activities were taking place. I was disoriented, and wished it would all end. I wanted death.....  the soft hold of death to envelope me. At that thought, everything went still, quiet. A man walked in and the creatures gave him a respectful distance, bowing to the ground. In the failing light, he seemed so familiar. I tried to get a better look, then he got on a makeshift podium that had been set up.

It was Gerald, an ex. He looked directly at me, laughed and said.

"I told you Gracie..."


I had dated Gerald just after high school. He was my first love and I his. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I had not set me eyes on him for over fifteen years.

"You made me a promise.... Now it is time to collect"

I was slowly led up the podium towards Gerald. On closer look, he looked so much older, and there was something different about him.

"I promise to be yours forever, bear your seed and your name. My blood for my vow"

I felt icicles on my skin. His words rang through me..... My words. How could it be? We were children then, naive... I tried to resist the pull that emanated from his being. He smiled through a face devoid of a soul. This was not the warm boy I loved. This was an empty shell.

"But you bore a son.... For a mortal... That is not acceptable. I have waited for this day all my life. You have completed the cycle of life.  You have danced in the temple of death. Now I shall have you and our son. You shall join me on the other side, where you belong"

Like a slap on my face, I remembered. Crying, feeling my heart heart pound in my chest. Gerald had died four years ago. I had gotten the news from an old friend. He had said Gerald had slit his wrist.

I screamed. It was the most delightful feeling. I could talk.
"You are dead!!"

Gerald laughed the laugh of many voices.

uşaq gətirin

His voice echoed, giving the command. Then I heard the sound of a child crying. One of the old women, walked over to me carrying a bundle. It was my son, he was crying like he was in a lot of pain.

"My son" I whispered.



She handed the baby over to Gerald, immediately he stopped crying.

"My seed" Gerald said.

"No.... He is not yours" I cried i anguish.

"You can only bear my seed Gracie. I did all this for you. I bought us immortality, I knew you would survive the test. Forever.. Neither Life nor death defies forever."


He stretched out his hand towards me, and immediately my hand was in his. I noticed that he was fading away, but so was I. The creatures resumed their dance, spalshing blood all over the clearing. It was Bossy. Her blood. Everyone else had died because of me. They kept dancing.




A woman bought groundnut from a road side seller. The paper used to wrap the groundnut, was an old newspaper advert, over three years old. A picture of a very pretty woman and a baby. They were missing.  The woman hoped the woman and her baby had been found. They weren't .



..........THE END...........
.






LIFE IS A CHOICE MY FRIENDS
SO CHOOSE WISELY
ENOUGH SAID

16 comments:

  1. Chilling... pls go visit www.oka4stecia.blogspot.com.ng

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful how Fast u make a promise or vow bc one day, u must pay. Nice story I love u guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Promises,promises! How it can build or destroy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God! Did it just end like that? Chai, never make an oath even in jest. Never plays out well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloooood of Zakariya *in Crazy Clown's voice*

    ReplyDelete
  6. OpusIvy pls now, you guys should post a new story. I'm tired of refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abi NEPA don take light Opusvy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been 11 days! Please end the torture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still looking for the point of this series like I'm searching for a blog ID. Hian.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...