Sunday 14 February 2016

FACE OFF


The warriors  marched towards the palace. They numbered in the thousands armed with swords, shields and spears twice as tall as men. The men's facial features obscured by war paint with fearless eyes. Their seemed to be no doubt in those eyes. These were men going to battle, these were men willing to kill or die this day.

And so they marched on.



The sounds of their footfalls filled the vast fields around the palace.

Leading the vast army was the Warrior Princess Ntombi. Her fiery red hair stood out amidst the sea of black helmets and spears. Her Armour was light and she carried a sheathed broadsword as she urged her horse on. The Horse's name was Mahiri, which meant "Skillful and Clever". Mahiri had been with her through many battles. She had proved her Skill and cleverness more times than Ntombi could count.

As Ntombi watched the Palace archers position themselves, she knew this would not be an easy feat. The palace walls had never been breached. The walls were carved from the hardest elements in the earth. The Palace Archers were the finest in all the twelve kingdoms. The task ahead of her was suicide, but necessary.

Ntombi gestured for the warriors to stop.


Suddenly, her army came a halt as the Palace gates opened.The large solid steel gates made a heavy humming sound as they moved.


Suddenly, Hundreds of Palace guards scrambled out into the field. They mostly carried their traditional small shields and curved swords. Ntombi marvelled at how fast they got into formation. An endless stream of Soldiers followed. Within seconds, a force twice as  large as  hers stood before them.

Long pause.

Mahiri made a nervous sound, Ntombi patted the side of her neck to calm.

"All will be well, my friend" Ntombi whispered to the horse. "All will be well"

Long pause.

Ntombi watched Prince Mosi  dismount his horse and slowly walk her towards her. His sword was sheathed and his hands in the air.


Was this an attempt at Parley? She wondered as she hesitantly dismounted Mahiri.

"I would strongly advice against that, My Princess" Jeloth  called after her.

"Wait for my signal, Captain" Ntombi said without looking at him.

The captain reluctantly obeyed.

Ntombi approached the tall handsome Prince with caution. It was out of character. By nature, the Prince wasn't one to meet an invading army with words.

"What is the meaning of this Princess?" The Prince said calmly.

His coolness gave her pause. She was in fact a little wary. Was this a trap? Did he know they were coming? She looked cautiously around.

"Your Castle is in my way...great Prince" she forced a smile.

Long Pause.

"Our kingdoms have co-existed for decades" He said pacing around her. She hated when he did that. His arrogance was annoying. " why the aggression all of a sudden,...have I wronged you in anyway?"
Ntombi held back the rage inside her.

"As to the issue our betrothal..."

"Don't you dare speak of it!" She snapped.

Prince Mosi stared at her in what she could only describe as shock.

"You can not hope to win a war against us" He smiled. "My warriors out number yours Four to One"

"Surrender your Palace or die" Ntombi said simply.

The Prince casually glanced at the men behind him. A simple  hand gesture from him would lead to massive casualties on both sides. The last thing he wanted was a senseless war.

"Tell me what it is that offends you Ntombi"


He said softly. "I do not wish to fight....."

"You shamed me, Mosi!! " she snapped.


".....You shamed me before our Kingdoms!!!"
Long pause.

He looked away thoughtfully and slightly confused.

"You speak in riddles, Princess"
Ntombi restrained herself from drawing her sword  and stabbing him there and then. She turned her face  away from him. She found it difficult to look into his eyes, it made her uncomfortable.

"By law we were to be married a forth night ago" she said a little more softly than she'd intended. "But you broke our betrothal and walked away"

"Because it was what you desired, " he said, leaning towards her. But his sudden closeness startled her, she panicked.

"Don't touch me!!!" She snapped. "Archers!!!"

Suddenly, there was movement behind her as the soldiers scrambled to make way for the archers.

The Prince's troops drew their swords.

"Wait!!" Mosi Screamed at his men.

Ntombi gestured for her Archers to stand down.

Their armies obeyed. But the men agitated for battle.

"There's no need for bloodshed, Princess" Mosi said desperately. "We are allies,... Please order your men to stand down!!!"

"I have been dishonoured,....war is the only Payment for such a crime!!!!"

"You do not even love me" Mosi said in confusion. "I called off the wedding because I knew that was what you desired!!!"

"What I desired???" Ntombi said staring at her warriors. " I have loved you from when I was a child, I have admired you and dreamt of a life with you. I was trained to love Only you from when  I was six......HOW DARE YOU SPEAK OF MY DESIRE?? YOU BROKE MY HEART!!!"


Ntombi drew her sword the men behind her unleashed a thunderous war cry that seemed to tremble the earth.

"Archers Ready!!!" Mosi heard the soldiers from the walls yell. He knew Ntombi's men were within range. He also knew she would most likely die in this battle. But strangely, his mind was  focused on what she'd said.

"....You mean...you've always loved me....???" He said softly.

"Draw your..... sword, Mosi" she pointed her blade at him. He knew If she took another step towards him, his Archers would send an arrow into her. But her words filled him with so much confusion.

"....but why all the pretence.....why all the games?....I really believed I repulsed you, Ntombi"

"...Draw....your sword.....Mosi" Her voice was breaking. He knew this battle was inevitable.

"If I was the Sea," He began "I would caress your body with my currents"

The Weapon in her hand was shaking
".....If I was the wind", he continued gesturing  for his men to stand down as he took a step towards her. "I would bring you the scent of a rose, from distant Eden"

"Stop saying..... these words" there were tears in her eyes. She was grinding her teeth.

"These are your words, Princess" he said, cautiously touching the hilt of her sword. "Words you read to me many years ago"

".....You.....remembered the....them?" The tears were streaming down her cheeks.

"I have kept these words close to my heart for many years Princess" He slowly nudged the blade away. She didn't resist. " I thought when you came to the palace you had forgotten them....it hurt me deeply, and so I broke the betrothal"

"I.....Only kept my distance....(sniff) because I felt ....(sniff)....my words meant nothing to you" She managed.

"My heart was yours before I was conceived, Princess" He put his hand on hers. Her skin was cold, and tremors ran through her.

She dropped her sword.

Her warriors exchanged curious looks.

The two stood in silence for a long time.

"....I apologise..." Ntombi sobbed. "My whole life has been .....(sniff)....about you....I have dreamt of you....(Sniff)....when you said you did not want me,......I felt...something break inside me....I never meant to harm you...or......."

His lips covered hers in that moment, silencing her. Ntombi felt her legs give way, but suddenly his arms were around her waist, holding her upright. Her heart was racing, it was a kiss she'd only experienced in her dreams.







The Archers on the wall watched in confusion.

Lelo carefully dropped his bow and yawned.

"W--What are you doing...?" Another Archer said, clearly horrified.

"Do those two look like their going to kill each other??"Lelo sighed.

The Archer watched the two distant figures kissing and holding each other. They seemed oblivious to all that was around them.

".....N-no...." The Archer said, hesitantly.

"My point exactly" Lelo said walking away.


"Lets go grab a beer"








They broke their kiss for a few seconds and stared into each other's eyes.

"The soldiers are going to be really p**sed" Ntombi smiled awkwardly.

"Too bad" Mosi sighed. " Instead of a battle....they will have a wedding"

"Are you serio....???".

He silenced her with a kiss again. This one lasted longer.

"Happy Valentine's day" he whispered into her ear.

She threw him a flirtatious smile.

"Happy Valentine's day my love.





                         ..............THE END.................







LIFE IS A CHOICE MY FRIENDS
SO CHOOSE WISELY
ENOUGH SAID









Introducing his highness, Sir Abiye Krukrubo AKA "Dmain" of the house of Jack. 2nd lord of  four kingdoms. Father of two. Master of swag... Master of cool (and everything else in between) Protector of his realm. HBD bro!!!








Happy Valentine's day to all our readers. Wishing you all love that transcends Valentine's day. Sorry this story is coming in late......







16 comments:

  1. U guys are just too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh! So sweet! Now, this is what I call possessing your possession.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hbd Dmain, may your swagg never full.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *dull* joor! I go slap this autocorrect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Vals day opus and opusites.

    Pamscrib.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys got me confused,
    The last thing i wanted to read in this season of love was a war story.
    You perfectly delivered it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was confused at first n my heart pacing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was actually thinking of warrrrr n wo will b d last man standing. What a sweet ending.


    Don't know d issue sometimes I find it very hard to comment

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...