Friday 11 December 2015

NOTHINGNESS


I walked away from the fire, with the wind against my face. I am glad for the wind. The fire would burn brighter and hotter. I willed myself not to turn back, not to look back. The only thing that should remain of the place I once called home, should be ashes.

I didn't care that it was my sweat that was burning down, didn't care that all I nurtured and treasured was in there. I just didn't care.




It all started six years ago. When I got married. Unlike a whole lot of women, I went into my marriage knowing exactly what to expect. I had a game plan that was a mile long, and I intended to execute everyone of them. I wasn't a happy bride. No. I was a fulfilled bride. The next day, I went under the knife and out came the unfortunate foetus. Of course I came back home and smiled, and later that night screamed like I was dying. My doting husband was there for me through my "miscarriage".


Off we went for our honeymoon, through which I recuperated. Two weeks later we came back full of smiles and laughter. "Wow such a couple in love" were the whispers. More smiles. Suddenly I the lone wolf had a wonderful family. My husband's family were the absolute best. I had so much love being thrown to me from all angles, my cheeks always hurt from smiling.

I was the perfect wife. The only art I perfected more than being a wife, was being an actress. Being a wife was my best act. Everyone bought it. My home was always an example to others around. I even amazed myself. I knew exactly when to smile, cry and even cum. My husband was so in love with his perfect wife.

I know you are expecting to hear why or who or what my problem was. Yea. Nothing. Personally, I think my husband was the most perfect of his specie ever created. He was simply wonderful, every woman's dream. I hold no grudge against him or any member of his family. I don't think he has ever hurt anyone in his life. He didn't even get into fights as a child or an adolescent.


I know how precious it is to find a man like him, but unfortunately he was the one that fell into my net. The one I decided to use as an experiment to gauge my humanity. I wanted to find out why all brides seemed so happy. Was it the dress? or the man? I wanted to feel the euphoria I had seen on countless faces. I needed to fell the contentment I saw on the faces of women with their children. I wanted to know how it felt to feel. So I gave it my best shot. One thing was certain, I never wanted to bring in a child into this world, lest the child turned out like me.

For as long as I could remember, I have been cold inside. I wasnt abused, on the contrary, I had a wonderful family. My parents took great care of me, and I had the best of everything. At their demise, I inherited a small fortune. But I have never felt. Never..... Nothing. Not love, not hate, not pain, physical pain yes but nothing emotional. I needed to feel, to assert my humanity.

So I gave myself a five years plan. I would try to be the model wife for five years, and if that didn't work I would be rid of it and do something else. So I stayed for five years. At the end of which I gave myself one more year, just incase. We had even adopted a child, yet nothing. So I had to move on.


I would have just left, but then I had an idea, maybe I would feel loss. If I lost everything, maybe I would feel. Maybe that was what I needed to get me out of whatever held my abyss of emotions at bay.

But as I walked away from the fire, I didn't look back. Still Nothing.



LIFE IS A CHOICE MY FRIENDS
SO CHOOSE WISELY
ENOUGH SAID

32 comments:

  1. After waiting all this while for a story, then only for this rubbish to posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...you r harsh o. Haba.

      Delete
    2. This reads like something Anne Rice would write. Anon see how you showed ur shallowness, obviously you cannot comprehend the deeper meaning of the story. Wait for the next Olukwu story. That is the one you would understand.

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha! Really Olukwu will be easy to comprehend abi! Local tins

      Delete
    4. I feel sorry for the poor guy.

      Delete
    5. Why not open a blog and write ur stuff from your pea brain....guttersnipe

      Delete
    6. Pple jst misbehave under the guise of anonymity. If you want something done well, do it yourself. I'd like to read your totally lovable stories.

      Delete
  2. Psycho on the loose.
    Fascinating as always, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just knew this one is Ivy's job....ahh! Nice read tho!
      Nma's Blog 

      Delete
  3. That is how you would be on ur own and devil would bring his own. Mtcheeew. I am sure you would feel death. Nonsense...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I didnt expect that one. Psycho alert. .Thumbs up Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothingness indeed!
    God will surely save us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is more than being a psycho. She is a maniac.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maniac na understatement ooo... So after burning down the house, she couldn't feel anything. I can imagine

      Delete
  7. HmmmmmMmmmmmmMmmmmmmmMmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. What an entity. Serial killer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one. Most times I wish I was born with no emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally get where she's coming from to an extent. But I won't go as far as using people who show me love and care for these experiments. It's sweeter when it's fueled by vengeance and hate for those who deserve it. Not innocent ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haba! Did you actually burn your hubby and the child and everything? She must be some sort of alien specie or something.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My kind. Feels nothing. But setting 'em on fire was harsh oh. Better to have just walked away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just unfair to your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dem tell u say person no dey feel, can't feel, wont feel....u are talking about loved ones. Hian

      Delete
  14. The wordings of this story stream from the inner world of the writer's mind. I wonder what happened .... what begot this story..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then my friend, u do not understand the mind of a writer. Some write from personal experiences, others from third party experiences, some from dreams, still some from imagination..

      Delete
  15. I totally love this. Ivy I have a crush on your brain. From love, to hate to passion, to your erotica, so many facades, and you know how to bring them all to life. Ok. I have a huge crush on you too. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely one. I just love it! Keep it up.. please visit my blog tochigold.wordpress.com i hope you find my stories to be just as fascinating

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...