Saturday 21 January 2017

WEDDING DRAMA


The music was good. The smell of fried rice filled the section she was in,which was just behind where the bride and groom were seated.
Marilyn sighed, So far so good. More guests were pouring  in. The gifts were being loaded up  and her daughter's dress was fantastic. This was indeed going to be a great day . She only wished--Ada's father had been alive   to see it. Too bad she'd had to sacrifice him to a bloodthirsty spirit for a beauty-potion.
"Do you need a lighter?" Came a man's voice.

She looked into the face  of a  caterers. The boy was two seconds shy of Nineteen if he were a day. He had pink full lips and cute dimples. He was going to be a tall man some day that was for sure. There was a youthful glint in his eyes, the kind she hadn't seen in three hundred years.
"I beg your pardon," she responded just as the MC took the stage. 
The teenage boy pointed at her hand. She was still holding on to the stick of cigarette.
"Oh!"
He fished into the pocket of his white blazer. Having them dressed as waiters had been her idea. If she'd had her way, they would've worn hats. But trust Sade to say stuff like, "Hats? Is it a reception or a magic show?"
The boy brought out a lighter....
...flick flick
Came the flame.
Stealing glances side ways, she brought the stick to her mouth and felt the fumes fill her lungs. There were fewer and fewer pleasures in this century. The boy clicked off the lighter, gave her a small bow then scuttled off.
She stared at his butt cheeks and sighed. Another time perhaps. Her shrink always said she was impulsive.
"Mother of the bride," came Sade's voice.
"Mother of the groom," she turned around to greet the only witch in existence she hated more than any other.
"I thought you quit," Sade's beautiful Fifty year old face said. Marilyn marveled at the woman's skin. Clearly, magic was responsible. She hated Sade's boobs for the simple reason that they were bigger than hers. Inside that tight dress they looked irresponsible.
A simple spell could've gotten Marilyn bigger boobs, but she doubted her back could handle it.
"When you stop using glamor spells for your looks, I'll quit."
Sade looked offended, "I use potions."
"No way!" Marilyn was genuinely shocked.
"Yes way!"
"I could never really get the combos right. Hence why I use spells."
"You always were a dull student." Sade forced a smile and waved at a guest.
"And you were a lousy teacher."
Sade gently took her by the arm. "Come come now, we mustn't be vulgar."
"I think the music's awful." Marilyn grimaced," and I'm guessing that was YOUR idea."
"Can we at least pretend to be happy on the day our children are getting married?"
Marilyn sighed. She seriously fought the urge to curse her new inlaws with leprosy. She knew this was a great day, but she really wished her daughter had allowed her a bit more "control" over the event.
"Not the same without magic, is it?"Sade said.
Marilyn held a small space between her index finger and thumb."I'm this close to invoking something from the abyss just to spice things up."
"See?" Sade said, "that's the problem with you Southers. Always quick to whip out some magic."
"It's not our fault Westers are such Pussies."
Sade's mouth was agape. "You are way out of line...Stop it---."
"...or you'll do what?"  Not being one to lose the advantage, Marilyn leaned in just close enough for Sade to smell her  perfume.
Sade retreated a few steps and looked around. Several guests walked by acknowledging the 'mothers' of the day.
"Classic mothers' pic?" Said a lanky photographer.
Mary grabbed Sade by the waist. She smiled and spoke through gritted teeth "How my girl fell for a magicless wimp like your son defies logic."
Sade dug her nails into Marilyn's side. "If not for the century old vow, I would've invoked serious craw-craw upon your little bitch."
"Say cheese," the Photographer said delightfully.
"Cheeze!!" They chorused.
"So," Sade said after they broke embrace. "I guess we both need to return to the high table."
"You call THAT a high-table?"
Sade rolled her eyes, "You're impossible!"
"Ladies and gents," the Mc was saying, "...it is my pleasure to introduce to you, the mother of the bride, and mother of the groom..."
"I still say your son's head is too big," Marilyn said.
"No it's not."
Both women paused. They recognized the voice.
 "Evelyn!" They chorused when they turned around.
The beautiful bride wasn't smiling. She held up an old rusty padlock with leaves around it.
"Who did this?"
The mothers exchanged curious looks.
"This has got to stop," Evelyn said, "The two of you have to start acting like adults."
Marilyn shook her head."What on earth are you talking about?"
"Lying doesn't suit you." Sade said with a shrug.
"Mummy, I know it was you who placed this curse under my husband's seat."
Marilyn's eyes expanded "I am your mother! How can you accuse me of---?"
"I don't want to hear it, Mummy!"
"That's no way to speak to your mother," Sade said.
Evelyn took a deep breath and exhaled. "We had a pact. No more magic. That means no one can place a curse on my husband."
"I didn't curse your husband." Marilyn said.
"That curse is specific," Sade said "only a witch like you could weave it."
"Evelyn, are you going to allow her talk to me like that---?"
"Are you forgetting it's my son you cursed?"
"Your big-headed son?" Marilyn arched an eye-brow.
Sade lunged at her, but Evelyn blocked  her path. "If the two of you keep this up, I and Kunle will disappear and you'll never see us again."
Long silence.
"You wouldn't dare!" Both mothers chorused.
"Try me!"
They had a stare down. All around them caterers and ushers bustled about. A few people stopped to stare at the bride, but quickly looked away and moved on.
"...AND WHILE WE WAIT FOR THE MOTHERS OF THE DAY...!" the MC was saying.
Evelyn stabbed her finger at the mothers. "This is my wedding and I demand you too to get along...don't you guys get it? I love Kunle."
Both women looked away from the bride's  gaze.
"We both come from families with magic," Evelyn said handing over the cursed object to Sade. "We've decided we won't have magic in our marriage...our mothers must respect that."
Another long silence.
Marilyn muttered something.
Evelyn leaned in "...What..?"
"No more magic," Marilyn sighed.
"No more magic," Said Sade.
Evelyn stared at them a little while longer then turned away.
They stood quiet for a long time after she left.
 "...WE ALSO WANT TO RECOGNIZE THE PRESENCE OF..." The MC was saying.
Marilyn extended her hand "Truce...?"
Sade's expression was blank for a few seconds. Then she sighed and took Marilyn's hand. "Truce."
"Now can we go witness our children's wedding?" Sade asked.
"Putting a curse on your own son just to frame me?" Marilyn said "that's genius!"
"I know right?" Sade smiled. "I'd hoped that framing you would piss her off so much, she'd call off the wedding."
"Shameful, but brilliant."
They watched the bride and groom.
"They do seem happy together," Sade said.
"Yeah," Marilyn said. "As much as I hate your family, I want my child's happiness."
"Same here." Sade said.
Marilyn turned to face her. "Our families are now one, so we must never use magic against ourselves...understood?"
Sade was thoughtful for a time, then she nodded. "And if any other witch  tries to mess with either of our families?"
It was Marylin's turn to smile, "God help the bitch."
Sade nudged her. "I knew there was something I liked about you."
.



9 comments:

  1. In the land of magic!
    So Merlin has taken over again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love this.... very different from the iya aje things we are made to watch while growing up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.. I enjoyed reading the story.
    kinda reminds me of Witches of Eastend

    www.ckjacob.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story, loved every line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There used to be a blog here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this story! Good to be back

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! So good to be back.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...