Saturday 1 October 2016

SUPERSTITIOUS?


I don't know how you'll take my story. Some of you will probably think I made it up.
I won't lie, i  wish I did.
That way, people wont be trying to kill me.
Let me just start off by saying I'm not a superstitious/religious  person.
Don't get me wrong, I believe in a higher power: God, Allah or whatever you want to call him. But I've never been a church-going, bible-toting christian.
I doubt I could name the first four chapters of the Bible.
But does that make me a bad person?
I don't think so.
I believe in being good to people.
I believe in Karma.
In my life, I want to believe I've been fair to everyone I've met.
I met Efe Three years ago.
I wasn't looking for love. I know society expects most single women in their late Thirties to be thinking of marriage, kids and making cereal for yelling kids that look like you.
Not me.


I was on a fast track to making Partner in my firm. And I loved it!
Work was my First,Second and Third priority. There was really no place for a man.
But Efe changed all that.
Ever met someone you never wanted to stop talking to?
Ever met someone who made the craziest day feel like Christmas?
That was Efe.
The chemistry was magical.
I barely had time to think before I found out I was attracted to him(insanely so).
I'd been in relationships before(what,you thought I was a Nun?) Guys came and went over the years.
I'd met bad and good ones.
I've met guys I used for sex or just to pass the time.
Yes, I love sex. But intimacy was always too intrusive.
Until I met Efe.
The relationship started fast.
I've met gorgeous men, I've met ugly men.

Efe was neither.
He just had "umph".
We dated for two years and a few months.
I wasn't thinking about marriage---honestly. I was enjoying the relationship too much to think too far ahead.
Then came the ring.
The truth is, no matter how great your relationships going, the first sighting of the engagement ring "Pauses" you.
I remember staring at it for a long time before I said yes.
Months later, came the wedding.
Like I said, I'm not a superstitious/religious person. All that talk about praying for God's protection over my family wasn't really my thing.
Efe came from a christian family. So I went to church not because I wanted to be a christian, but because I loved him.
I prayed and fasted with him too.
Fast forward to three weeks after the wedding.
We'd just come back from the honeymoon.
I was having a blast!
Love was in my eyes.
We moved into a new apartment, then preceded to open our wedding presents(we had tons of them by the way).

Efe wanted us to wait for the family Pastor to come over and Pray over our gifts.
I honestly didn't think there was any need for that. In truth, his constant need to pray over stuff was getting on my nerves.
I mean this was the Twitter/Facebook/Lady Gaga age. Why would anyone be freaked out just because a pastor said, "Some of your wedding gifts may be cursed objects sent by enemies?"
Efe shrugged and we started unwrapping them.
There were some really amazing gifts. We joked and laughed over the presents as the evening wore on.
Then he found the box.
It was weird looking with strange writings on the side.
Efe slowly opened the lid and gasped.
I rushed to his side and peered in.

There was a tiny partially decayed bone with more inscriptions etched on its side.
It had a foul smell.
From the markings on the side, I could just make out the letters: "S. T. R. O. K. E."
We both stared at the ugly looking thing in disgust.
Who would send such a thing? And why?
I told Efe to forget about it and open the rest of our gifts.
We threw the damn thing away.
We made love that night and slept.
Efe didn't wake the following morning---or any other morning after that.
He died in his sleep.
I haven't been the same ever since.
We were told he suffered a massive stroke. How that's even possible, I don't know.
All I  know is, his family believes I'm somehow responsible and want my head.


Also..
I've been seeing that ugly, foul thing in my dreams.
And recently...
I've started seeing it while I'm awake.
I'm still in shock over Efe's death. But I can't shake off the feeling that something's following me.
I'm I going crazy?
Was Efe's death just a coincidence?




My mind is my work station..
#opustjkwrites

8 comments:

  1. Nice! In Africa people are not superstitious? Lol. If I see a roach by 12am it must be a witch, if a rat eats somebody's certificate it is a witch. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That moment of complacency and lack of spiritual consciousness and alertness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy married life opus and ivy. Hope u guys prayed for ur presents. I don't want 2 hear stories like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pray always. Even in the littlest of things

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strange indeed!
    May God protect us from wicked people!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...