Friday 27 March 2015

SHUN VIOLENCE .........PRE-ELECTION MESSAGE

I decided to say something about the coming elections.

And it's not because I'm out of stories or was too busy to come up with a decent plot.
But simply because I want to speak to my friends(Nigerians and otherwise).

I  believe in this country.

Why?
Because this is my home.I was born and raised here like a lot of people reading this.

Nigeria is a great country.

I don't believe one is called a Giant for nothing.

A lot of good things have come out of this Country; The Super Eagles,
Isiewu,
Crude Oil,
Bole and Fish,

Tuface Idibia,
 Agege bread,
 Wole Soyinka,
Kpomo,
 Pastor Adeboye,
Ijebu garri,
Abacha(african salad)
Zobo..and so much more.

I think people need to remember that.

I believe in my country......I believe in hope.

I know a lot of Nigerians are uncertain about the coming days.

So many unanswered questions lay before us.

But I believe in hope,I believe in Nigeria.War or Peace doesn't lie in the hands of the Government or the Politicians .....It lies in the Hands of the people.

If we hold on to the good of Nigeria...if we hold on to hope.....no one can take it away from us.....no matter who wins.

But like I always say;.......it's a Choice.

I apologize if I've scared anyone with my stories.Some times as a story teller,I forget just how powerful words can be! Some times I get a little  carried away.

I'm sorry.

I call my blog "relate-able fiction"because however far fetched the stories might be sometimes, one can always find in them a character or circumstance to relate to.

But strictly,my goal is to entertain.

Thanks for all the comments,emails,text messages and calls.

You guys rock!!!

I've  still got tons of stories still lined up.

But please fellow Nigerians remember.Whatever happens,...whoever wins,....... remember  Nigeria is in our hands.

The choices we make in the next few days will determine where this great country is headed.

 So stay safe, and choose wisely.


Let us make a list of other great things that have come out of naija, as we pledge to shun any form of violence....


NIGERIA IS IN OUR HANDS!!!!!SHUN POLITICAL VIOLENCE

LIFE IS A CHOICE MY FRIEND
SO CHOOSE WISELY
ENOUGH SAID





29 comments:

  1. other good things that have come out of naija are palm oil rice with dried fish, Opus Krukrubo, Onunu and fresh fish peppersoup, and I of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say NO to Violence.......
      if we kill ourselves, none of dem wld be affected.
      I love my life too much

      Delete
  2. Don't I just love Opus already?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Akara,Opus and Adjerho has come out of Nigeria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said Opus. Pls don't stop writing, scary or not. The scarier the better, hehehe!
    I say no to violence. I believe so much in this country, and I pray God enters the heart of whoever wins to push this country forward, greater!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long live Opus.
    Long live Nigeria.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless Nigeria! God bless Nkwobi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Word Bro, nicely put. I guess this needs to be said; whatsoever the results tomorrow say should be a step further towards the realization of the Nigeria we want for ourselves and our children. We need to stop pointing fingers or fighting each other and start working together as ONE. Let's put aside Tribal, Religious or any other divisory sentiments we might want to hold on to. Good or Bad we are all in it together.

    These are hard times my friends. A dwindling economy, devalued Naira, low oil price......... and worst of all an imminent and unavoidable world war. It's time for us to bond and be united to be stronger than ever.

    And to my so silent friends, we need your voices, we need your opinions, we need your ideas, we need your values, we need your youth, we need your WORDS. Now is the time Raise them.

    I pledge to Nigeria MY Country.........

    Remember we all made a pledge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely said Opus! I pray dis election is free n fair n there will not be any violence! GOD HELP NIGERIA, GOD HELP GIANT OF AFRICA, GOD HELP US!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes. Tks 4 dis msg Opus. Abeg, are u a guy or babe, cos wen I tell my friends abt u, I use he or she. Lolz. No vex, abeg answer. Tks.

    Pamscrib.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na guy, abeg. Fine one. Scroll down.

      Delete
  10. Of all the things that Nigeria has been blessed with, the most valuable is the dauntless spirit of Nigerians.. Nigerians are a people with unsappable strength and we have once been called the happiest people on earth : ) God bless Nigeria, God bless us all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes. Tks 4 dis msg Opus. Abeg, are u a guy or babe, cos wen I tell my friends abt u, I use he or she. Lolz. No vex, abeg answer. Tks.
    God bless d day I found dis blog.


    Pamscrib.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well said.... Anyone hu has ears let dem hear... And pls Opus continue wif ur stories...I so appreciate dem

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. It's BOLI yo!

      Delete
    2. actually its called Bole in d south Boli is for Lagos. we do bole and fish ... delishhhhh

      Delete
    3. Boli & epa(groundnut)...oh so orgasmic!

      Delete
  14. He's a guy.. a sweet, polished, romantic, unbelievably handsome guy! But hands off o! He's mine. #side eyes

    Ebony

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a post-election comment. It was surprisingly peaceful & calm in my neighbourhood considering d fact that there was chaos pre-election.
    Let the better man win.
    APC for the money.

    ReplyDelete
  16. PLEASE I HAVE A VERY BIG PROBLEM ON MY HANDS,I AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF ANY POLITICAL PARTY OR ANY POLITICIAN.AS A MATTER OF FACT,MY CANDIDATE HAVE BEEN RULING SINCE 1914.I LOST MY PHONE LAST 2WEEKS SINCE THEN I NEVER OPENED MY FACE BOOK ACCOUNT,BUT NOW I AM GETTING MANY REPORTS THAT I AM POSTING SOME POLITICAL UPDATES ON MY WALL. ABEGI, WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP THIS RUBBISH?

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Opus aside the fact you're a writer, an activist "shun violence ", now you have to be an IT expert to cure Iyke David 's issue abi na pacifier you done become? Lol
    I beg make una liff Opus, writing it's enough drama, make una read, comment & waka pass, no add join him ready made drama. Thanku

    *ticktock

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome......
Spammers on the other hand, would be shot, run over with my car, thrown off a cliff,
hung by their toe nails, and made to watch me do the MAKARINA....... in slow motion.
I'm just saying


would you like to advertise your goods and services on this blog? simply send a mail to opustjk@gmail.com



CONNECT WITH US
Join our bbm channel C004A948B
Facebook page www.facebook.com/opustjkwrites
twitter/instagram @opustjkwrites


For erotica, visit www.sexandcrazy.blogspot.com.ng

Sister Priye 2

"So...uh." I began. His good looks were over powering. "Mr...um..." "Black." He replied. "Richard Bla...